The Union Government has constituted a one man committee comprising of Shri Kamlesh Chandra, Retired Member of Postal Services Board, to examine the wage structure, service conditions etc. of the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the Department of Posts. The terms of reference of the Committee are as follows:
- To go into the service conditions of Gramin Dak Sevaks and suggest changes as considered necessary.
- Examine the present system of Branch Post Offices, engagement conditions and existing structure of wage and enrolments paid to the GDS and recommend necessary changes.
- Review the existing Services Discharge Benefits Scheme and other social security benefits for the GDS and suggest necessary changes.
- Review the existing facilities as well as welfare measures provided to the GDS and suggest necessary changes.
- Examine and suggest any changes in the method of engagement, minimum qualification for engagement as GDS, Conduct and disciplinary rules of GDS, particularly keeping in view the proposed induction of technology in the Rural Post Offices.
-Ministry of Communication & Information Technology