Reported by Ayushi Sinha
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is organizing S. GURCHARAN SINGH TULSI International Legal Research Paper Writing Competition 2015. The theme for this year’s competition is “What Medicine Would You Prescribe for the Ailing Criminal Justice System in India?”
The Competition is open to all the bonafide students enrolled in any full-time undergraduate or postgraduate law programme of any recognized Law College, Institution or University in India or abroad.
Guidelines for Submission
Authorship and Registration
· In the competition, co-authorship is permitted. However the co-author has to register separately.
· No individual will be the author of more than one Paper. If any individual authors more than one Paper, then all such Papers will be disqualified.
· Only original Papers will be considered for the Competition. No part of it should have been published earlier and it should not be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of Paper.
· The Paper should not contain any Identification Mark of any sort.
· Registration Form and Declaration Form are to be sent along with the Paper. The Registration Form must be signed by the Head of the Institution/University. (The forms are available on the RGNUL website.)
Research Paper Format
· The Paper must be written in English.
· The Research Paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with line spacing of 1.5.
· The footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10 and line spacing of 1.
· Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
Length of the Research Paper
· The Paper should include an abstract not exceeding 500 words mentioning the title and keywords.
· The Paper should not comprise of more than 3000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
· Word Count is required to be mentioned on the Cover Page.
· The Research Paper can be sent in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format. (Strictly not in .pdf).
· Best Research Paper- 15,000/-
· Second Best Research Paper- 10,000/
· Third Best Research Paper- 5,000/-
The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Separate intimation will also be provided to all the winners. The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize Distribution function, the exact date and location of which shall be announced later.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants.
Deadline of Submission: 31st March, 2015.
Result Declaration: 25th May, 2015
Email Your Research Papers at: firstname.lastname@example.org