Reported by Shradha Thapliyal
RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC-2015) is the flagship essay writing competition of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University.
The past two editions of this competition were a tremendous success. The theme for this year’s edition of RILEC is International Trade Law.
- Food security and agricultural value chains.
- Trade in Air Transport.
- Environment and trade negotiations.
- Word Limit: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Formatting specifications: a. Font type and size for essay: Times New Roman | 12 b. Size for footnotes: 10 c. Line spacing for essay: 1.5 d. Uniform citation should be followed throughout the essay.
- The file names must consist only of the authors’ names.
- Students pursuing a 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year integrated LL.B. course, in India and equivalent Undergraduate law degree, abroad.
- Students pursuing LL.M. or Ph.D.; and/or Professionals are barred from participation in the Competition.
- The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
- Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
- Co-authorship of entries is strictly not allowed.
- Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
- A participant may submit an entry related to ONE subtheme ONLY. One may not juxtapose subthemes in an entry.
- The last date for submission of soft copies is March 15th 2015.
- Winner- Rs. 15,000 and Letter of Recommendation from the Honorary Head of the Executive Panel of Judges.
- First Runner up- Rs. 10,000
- Second Runner up- Rs. 5,000
- Certificates of Appreciation for the top 10 entries which get shortlisted.
- Send submissions to email@example.com
- Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RMLNLURILEC/ NOTE: No registration is required.