G.S.R.209(E)—Whereas a draft of certain rules to amend the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017 was published as required by sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 100 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016) in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 1053(E), dated the 22nd October, 2018 inviting objections and suggestions from all persons likely to be affected thereby, before the expiry of thirty days from the day on which the copies of the Official Gazette containing the said notification was made available to the public;
And whereas the copies of the Official Gazette in which the said notification was published were made available to the public on the 23rd October, 2018;
And whereas the objections and suggestions received from the public were considered by the Central Government;
Now, therefore, in exercise of powers conferred by sub-sections (1) and (2) of Section 100 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (49 of 2016), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, to amend the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017, namely:-
1. Short title and extent- (1) These rules may be called the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Rules, 2017, after Chapter V, the following Chapter shall be inserted, namely:-
14A. (1) The State Governments or Union Territory Administrations shall notify the authority to whom a person with benchmark disability can apply for the high support requirement as per sub-section (1) of Section 38 of the Act.
(2) Only the persons with benchmark disabilities having permanent certificate of disability shall be eligible for applying for high support requirement.
(3) The State Governments shall constitute Assessment Board at the District level or Division level based on the number of persons with benchmark disabilities comprising the following:-
(a) District Chief Medical Officer or Civil Surgeon or Medical Superintendent…………………………….Chairperson;
(b) District Social Welfare Officer……………………Member;
(c) Five rehabilitation specialists [Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation or Orthopaedic specialist, ENT specialist, Ophthalmologist, General Physician (if the applicant is 18 years or above) or Pediatrician (if the applicant is less than 18 years), Psychiatrist]…………Members;
(d) Occupational therapist or speech therapist or Clinical Psychologist or Physiotherapist (as per requirement)…………… Member;
(e) Any other expert as the Chairperson deems appropriate……….Member.
(4) The authority notified under sub-rule (1) shall refer every case to the Assessment Board for assessment of applicant’s high support requirement.
(5) The Assessment Board shall invite the applicant of high support requirements for assessment and may, if necessary, seek clinical assessment.
Please Refer the link for detailed notification: NOTIFICATION
[ F. No. 16-16/2017-DD-III]
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Image Credits: mygov.in