G.S.R. 63(E).— In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 164 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017, namely:-
1. (1) These rules may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) Save as otherwise provided in these rules, they shall come into force on the first day of February, 2019.
2. In the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in Chapter-II, in the heading, for the words “Composition Rules”, the words, “Composition Levy” shall be substituted.
3. In the said rules, in Rule 7, in the Table, against serial number (3), in column (3), for the word “goods”, the words, “goods and services” shall be substituted.
4. In the said rules, in Rule 8, in sub-rule (1),–
(a) the first proviso shall be omitted;
(b) in the second proviso, for the words “Provided further”, the word “Provided” shall be substituted.
5. In the said rules, for Rule 11, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“11 Separate registration for multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory- (1) Any person having multiple places of business within a State or a Union territory, requiring a separate registration for any such place of business under sub-section (2) of section 25 shall be granted separate registration in respect of each such place of business subject to the following conditions, namely:-
(a) such person has more than one place of business as defined in clause (85) of Section 2;
(b) such person shall not pay tax under Section 10 for any of his places of business if he is paying tax under Section 9 for any other place of business;
(c) all separately registered places of business of such person shall pay tax under the Act on supply of goods or services or both made to another registered place of business of such person and issue a tax invoice or a bill of supply, as the case may be, for such supply.
Explanation – For the purposes of clause (b), it is hereby clarified that where any place of business of a registered person that has been granted a separate registration becomes ineligible to pay tax under Section 10, all other registered places of business of the said person shall become ineligible to pay tax under the said section.
(2) A registered person opting to obtain separate registration for a place of business shall submit a separate application in FORM GST REG-01 in respect of such place of business.
(3) The provisions of Rule 9 and Rule 10 relating to the verification and the grant of registration shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to an application submitted under this rule”.
6. In the said rules, after Rule 21, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“Rule 21 A. Suspension of registration– (1) Where a registered person has applied for cancellation of registration under Rule 20, the registration shall be deemed to be suspended from the date of submission of the application or the date from which the cancellation is sought, whichever is later, pending the completion of proceedings for cancellation of registration under rule 22.
(2) Where the proper officer has reasons to believe that the registration of a person is liable to be cancelled under Section 29 or under Rule 21, he may, after affording the said person a reasonable opportunity of being heard, suspend the registration of such person with effect from a date to be determined by him, pending the completion of the proceedings for cancellation of registration under Rule 22.
(3) A registered person, whose registration has been suspended under sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2), shall not make any taxable supply during the period of suspension and shall not be required to furnish any return under Section 39.
(4) The suspension of registration under sub-rule (1) or sub-rule (2) shall be deemed to be revoked upon completion of the proceedings by the proper officer under Rule 22 and such revocation shall be effective from the date on which the suspension had come into effect.”
Follow the link for the detailed notification: Notification
[F. No. 20/06/16/2018-GST (Pt. II)]