Bar Council of India notifies that all Centres of Legal Education shall follow the under mentioned guidelines:
- Final Year students of 3 and 5 year LLB Courses may be allowed to appear for online examinations.
- Alternatively, For Final Year students, Universities may adopt any other appropriate method which they may feel is adequate.
- Final students who have not cleared all papers of previous years and are required to sit in supplementary examinations, but who have been promoted to final year , may be allowed to write a paper, research project or sit for online examination so that they cold pass within time.
- All students’ except Final Year students will be promoted on the basis of previous years performance and marks obtained in the internal examination of current year. However, it is clarified that after reopening of the colleges/Universities, the Universities shall conduct the end semester examination with respect to the year from which they have been promoted, within a reasonable time, though such promoted students shall continue to study in the year to which they have been promoted, in case, they are unable to pass/clear any such paper of such end semester exam of the year from which they have been promoted, they shall have to clear same, before they granted the degree. In the case of students who have been promoted to the final year , they shall have to pass all papers in order to obtain their degree.
- Universities must adhere to COVID-19 protocol and ensure social distancing is followed in the campus and class rooms and examination halls are properly sanitized from time to time.
Bar Council of India
[Press Release dt. 09-06-2020]