The USLLS ADR Blog invites crisp and analytical submissions pertaining to Alternative Dispute Resolution Laws on a rolling basis.
About the University
Established in 2001, University School of Law and Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University is located in Dwarka, New Delhi, India. An eminent institute, USLLS holds the 12th position in NIRF’s 2021 Rankings for law schools across India. It is the first University to be in the vicinity of the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organisations. USLLS aspires to open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal education through an incessant endeavour towards developing academic potential, critical analytical ability, advocacy, counselling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
About the Blog
The USLLS ADR Blog is an initiative of University School of Law of Legal Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. We, at USLLS ADR Blog, believe that sustained academic deliberation is required to ensure that the field of Alternative Dispute Resolution Law grows continuously, and becomes the mainstream solution to disputes. Our aim is to provide a conducive platform that fosters discussions and deliberations pertaining to the field of ADR by academicians, researchers, students and practitioners. We hope to promote the culture of ADR and acquire the viewpoints of the various stakeholders in the field. In pursuance of that vision, we have also constituted a diverse Advisory Board consisting of extremely accomplished individuals in the field of ADR so as to enable the Blog to ensure that the viewpoints of the various stakeholders are addressed through the holistic functioning of the Blog.
The Blog received its Inaugural Message from HMJ Rekha Palli, Judge, High Court of Delhi. Additionally, our inaugural blog series features the articles of 12 esteemed legal professionals from around the world. To read their blog pieces or to know more about us, please visit our website at www.usllsadrblog.com.
Board of Advisors
The members of the Board of Advisors are: Mr. Ratan K. Singh (Senior Advocate and Arbitrator), Mr. Shashank Garg (Independent Counsel and Arbitrator), Mr. Divyakant Lahoti (Advocate-on-Record and Arbitrator), Mr. Thomas P. Valenti (Attorney and Conflict Resolution Specialist), Ms. Veena Ralli (Mediator and Organising Secretary, Samadhan – Delhi High Court Mediation & Conciliation Centre), and Dr. Nidhi Gupta (Associate Professor, NLU Jodhpur).
We welcome all submissions pertaining to the field of ADR, subject to the following guidelines:
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
- Submissions should be original and unpublished work of the author(s). Any form of plagiarism will result in an automatic rejection. Moreover, if the Turnitin similarity index reports over 20% similarity (after making the relevant exclusions such as bibliography, quotes, small matches etc.), then the submission shall be rejected.
- Submissions should be concise. They should range between 1000-2000 words. Longer posts may be published in parts subject to the editorial board’s discretion. The word limit is exclusive of endnotes.
General Formatting Guidelines
- Formatting Typescript
- Font Type: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- Text Alignment: Justified
- Citation Style
- Method of Citation: Endnotes
- Format of Citation: Bluebook 20th editionx