NMIMS has over the last 35 years grown from a management institute offering a single product namely MBA education to a Deemed to be University offering multiple products through separate schools in Business Management, Pharmacy, Technology Management & Engineering, Hospitality, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Economics, and Law. In addition to this, the college provides the students with an enormous space to grow, study and further provides mental stimulation by conducting workshops and seminars for the students. The well-curated teaching staff also enables the students to access the educational resources without any hesitation.
The School of Law (SOL) at NMIMS:
The School of Law offers students with prospective firsthand learning, allowing them to fully imbibe the knowledge of Law with exposure to Critical Thinking, Legal Writing, Moot Courts. The School of Law apart from this. Also promotes different extra-curricular and co-curricular activities in the form of various clubs and committees. The Institute also provides the students with topnotch facilities like the moot court, the library, the computer lab, various journals and learning resources. The skilled teaching staff and support staff assist the students to easily integrate into the course and participate in events.
2. ABOUT THE EVENT:
The SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law First National Moot-Court Competition, 2022 is the first edition of the Moot-Court Competition organized by School of Law, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai.
We at School of Law, NMIMS Navi Mumbai couldn’t be more exhilarated and excited to announce our First National Moot-Court Competition, 2022. We aim to connect with our fellow Law Schools from across the country and rejoice in welcoming and hosting the very worthy participants. The event aims to construct a productive platform where young legal minds come together and showcase their skills which are far more valuable than winning or being eliminated in an event. We aim to be able to flourish a learning platform through this event. We look forward to hosting the young intellects!
We have released the Moot-Proposition and Competition Manual for your perusal.
3. ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION:
- Participation is strictly restricted to bonafide undergraduate law students pursuing the three years or five years B. degree programme from the Institution/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
- There shall be no restriction in more than one participation from one Institution. In case of two teams from one participating Institute qualify for Oral Rounds, the team scoring more in Memorial Round shall be allowed to continue in Oral Rounds. Each team shall comprise of two speakers and one researcher. Team of three is compulsory.
- Once registered, a team will not be permitted to vary the composition of the team members in any Changes, if any, may only be made with the express permission of the Administrators (at their discretion), if due reason is shown for the same.
- Any changes with respect to the contact details shall be notified to the competition administrators with immediate effect. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- The Memorial has to be submitted only in soft copy.
- Each Team shall submit the soft copy of the Memorial, in “pdf and doc” format on or before 10 April, 2022 not later than 11:59 pm [IST] as per rules mentioned in the Competition Manual.
- Each Team has to send four (4) separate file attachments: two (2) as Memorial for the Petitioner(s) [one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) format] and two (2) as Written Submission for the Respondent (s) [one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) format].
5. FORMATTING GUIDELINES:
- Font: Times New Roman/Georgia; Size 12; Justified; 1.5 Spacing.
- Footnoting Guidelines: Times New Roman/Kohinoor; Size 10; Justified; 1 spacing.
- Citations must follow Bluebook Citation 20th edition format of citation throughout the submission and speaking/explanatory citations are discouraged.
6. COMPETITION TIMELINE:
- Release of Notification and Beginning of Registrations: 10 February 2022
- Closure of Registration: 18 March 2022
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: 25 March 2022
- Release of Clarifications: 28 March 2022
- Memorial Submission: 10 April 2022
- Results- Memorial Round: 18 April 2022
- Oral Rounds: 23rd and 24th April 2022
7. REGISTRATION PROCESS:
The procedure for registration for the competition is as follows:
- Teams shall register themselves through the Google Form link provided Here
- All the teams shall be required to make a payment of INR 1800/- (Indian Rupees Eighteen Hundred Only) via NEFT in favour of details provided below to register for the Competition:
Name: ADITI PAREEK
Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA
Account Number: 38155352625
IFSC Code: SBIN0031779
- The last date for completion of all the registration formalities is on or before 11 March 2022 (till 11:59 M. IST)
- Registering Team will be required to attach payment receipt while registering themselves through the Google Form.
- Aditi Pareek (President): +91 88907 18195
- Muskaan Halani (Vice-President): +91 96195 82858