The Center for International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad is organizing the 10th edition of its annual flagship event International Virtual Conference on Changing Contours of International Humanitarian and Refugee Law in collaboration with the International Committee on Red Cross (ICRC) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) India on February 22nd, 2022.
The conference aims to promote discussions that reflect on the successes and challenges in the treaty implementation that have been universally ratified in the field of International Humanitarian Laws. The conference aims to promote discussions that reflect on the successes and challenges encountered by the treaties that have been universally ratified in the field of International Humanitarian Laws. Further, International Refugee Law has evolved as legal protection for refugees and measures to reduce their grievances.
The conference is open to undergraduate/postgraduate students, academicians, and Ph.D. scholars. This conference is an opportunity for all to interact with like-minded individuals from different institutes all across the globe. The conference will provide a platform for discussions and deliberations with experts, dedicated organizations, and stakeholders in the relevant field.
The registration fee for the conference is Rs.250/- for those who are interested to be a member of the conference. No registration fee is levied on participants from Nirma University.
To encourage participants, the best papers will be rewarded, and selected papers would be published in an edited volume of Conference proceedings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
- To create awareness amongst students and academia and to initiate a dialogue amongst various stakeholders about the Geneva Convention and its significance.
- Reflective assessment of the refugee regime-strengthening exercise – the key milestones of which have been the New York Declaration, the Global Compact on Refugees, and the first Global Refugee Forum – and assesses what has been achieved and what challenges still lie ahead.
- To develop and strengthen the Institute’s relation with concerned organizations.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
- Violation of Human Rights and International Humanitarian Laws against Religious Minorities.
- The convergence of armed conflict and itseffect on the environment.
- Access to healthcare for asylum seekers and undocumented people.
- The potential human rights at stake due to cyber operations.
- World’s Refugee Crisis vis-à-vis Right to Self Determination.
- Sexual violence- An inevitable aspect of war.
Abstract Submission: 15th January, 2022.
Paper Submission: February 10, 2022.
For further details about the submission guidelines and registration fees, the brochure is attached herein.
Faculty Coordinator: Ms. Anviksha Pachori.
Vaibhav Mani Tripathi, Chairperson: (+91- 7567050301) [WhatsApp]
Harmanjot Kaur, Secretary: (+91- 9330329151) [WhatsApp]
Shambhavi Gautam, Treasurer: (+91-7004085856) [WhatsApp]