On December 28, 2021, the Labour Department of Chandigarh has published the Draft Chandigarh Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Rules, 2021.
The draft Rules are aimed at enhancing safety, health and working conditions in establishments, simplifying the procedures and protocols, allowing electronic mode of maintaining registers, records and furnishing returns, thus ensuring safe, healthy and decent working conditions.
The Chandigarh Administration proposes to make the following Rules in exercise of powers conferred by section 133 and section 135 of the Occupational Safety and Health and Working Conditions Code, 2020 and in supersession of:
- Chandigarh Factory Rules, 1952;
- Chandigarh Control of Industrial Major Accident Hazards Rules, 1993;
- Chandigarh Welfare Officers (Recruitment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1952;
- Chandigarh Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2008;
- Chandigarh Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Rules, 1973;
- Chandigarh Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 1983;
- Chandigarh Motor Transport Workers Rules, 1963
The draft of rules will be taken into consideration by Chandigarh Administration on or after the expiry of a period of forty-five days from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, together with any objection or suggestion, which may be received by the Labour Commissioner, Labour Welfare Centre Building,Sector30-B,UT,Chandigarh inwriting or on email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com from any person before the expiry of the period so specified with respect to the said draft.