ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR CRIMINOLOGY, CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND VICTIMOLOGY, RGNUL (CCV-RGNUL)
Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV) has been purposefully established under the able leadership of Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNUL, to provide critically and necessitated focus towards fostering the objective of carrying fundamental and applied research on the evolving aspects of the transformative criminal justice system including the dimensions of victimology and criminology as particular areas of interest.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
Rajiv Gandhi National University of law, Punjab’s Centre for Criminology, Criminal justice and Victimology (CCV) is hosting its 1st RGNUL-CCV Legislation Drafting Competition, 2021. This competition provides a platform where the best minds can come forward and critically utilize this opportunity of curating and drafting the legislative bills whereby experiencing the nuances of framing the law with the aim of encouraging the students towards the process of law making and
Participants have to draft a legislation titled “Victims of Crime (Rights, Protection & Assistance) Bill.”
ELIGIBILITY & TEAM COMPOSITION
- The Competition is open to all law students pursuing LLM or LLB. (3-Year or 5-Year course from a recognized university within the territory of India).
- Participants may register as individual or in a team of two. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university. Multiple teams can participate from a single university.
Participants shall register themselves for the competition by submitting the following form: HERE
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & PROCESS:
- The Draft shall be in English language only.
- The Draft should not reveal the identity of participants, in any manner whatsoever. For submission only the team code provided by organizers should be mentioned as mark of identity.
- The Content of the legislature drafted should be original and not plagiarized (15% limit) or there shall be deduction of 1 mark each for every percent or can lead to disqualification. The decision of organizers shall be final.
- The Submission must be made with the subject “SUBMISSION FOR LEGISLATIVE COMPETITION (Team Code-XX)” at email@example.com.
- Clarifications shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “CLARIFICATIONS FOR LEGISLATIVE COMPETITION: TEAM CODE-XX”
- For detailed structure, formatting and scope of the draft, kindly refer to the competition brochure HERE
- Registration Starts: 15th October, 2021
- Registration Ends: 10th November, 2021
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: 15th November, 2021
- Release of Clarifications: 20th November, 2021
- Release of Team Codes: 22nd November, 2021
- Submission Date: 30th November, 2021
- Result Declaration: 20th December, 2021
1. All participants will receive a participation certificate which shall be sent by the organizers
to the respective colleges on the official address provided or through the provided Email IDs.
2. Winners would be receiving cash prize in the following manner:
- The Best Team – ₹ 5,000
- The Runner Up- ₹ 3,000
- The Second Runner Up – ₹ 2,000
Dr. Ivneet Walia
Dr. Gurneet Singh
Dr. Shruti Goyal
Satrajit Somavanshi- 9140667691; Shreya Maloo- 9649704902