About Centre for Arbitration and Research, MNLU Mumbai
Arbitration has been on the rise across India as a preferred choice of dispute resolution. Owing to a cumulative effort from the judiciary, government and the practitioners, arbitration in India, for the first time in a number of years, has been able to reach international standards. At a crucial juncture like this, the need of the hour is to generate awareness amongst the law students and also to ensure that consistent and high quality research is carried in the field. Additionally, owing to arbitration being utilized in niche fields, it is imperative that the stakeholders and service providers therein are professionally trained to provide top-quality services. It is while keeping in mind the aforementioned needs, that the Centre for Arbitration and Research has been set-up in the University.
The course curriculum comprises the following.
- Framework for Investment Treaty Arbitration (‘ITA’)
- Substantive Issues in ITA
- Jurisdictional and Procedural Issues in ITA
- Remedies in ITA
- Pramod Nair, Founder, Arista Chambers, India
- Tunde Fagbohunlu, Partner Aluko & Oyebode, Nigeria
- Sara Hourani, Sr. Lecturer, Middlesex University London
- Steven Finizio, Partner, WilmeHale, London
- Mrinal Jain, Director, Secretariat, (India Head)
Patron: Prof. (Dr.) Dilip Ukey, Vice-Chancellor, MNLU Mumbai
Course Director: Chirag Balyan, Assistant Professor, MNLU Mumbai
Who can Enrol?
Practitioners, General Counsel, Lawyers, Law Students, Professionals
Last Date for Registration
30th September, 2021
Link for Registration: HERE
Write to us at email@example.com
Note: i. No enrolment fees are to be paid.
- E-certificates will be given subject to satisfactory assessment and participation.