The Employees State Insurance Corporation has notified the Covid-19 Relief Scheme on 11th August 2021 as a welfare measure for the Insured Persons and for the dependents of ESI insured persons in case of their death due to COVID-19.
The Eligible conditions to avail the scheme are as follows:
- The Insured Person who died due to COVID-19 disease must have been registered on the ESIC online portal at least three months prior to the date of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease resulting in his/ her death.
- The deceased IP must have been in employment on the date of diagnosis of COVID-19 disease and contributions for at least 70 days should have been paid or payable in respect of him/ her during a period of maximum one year immediately preceding the diagnosis of COVID-19 disease resulting in death.
- Further, in case of death due to COVID-19, the spouse, son up to 25 years of age, unmarried daughter and widowed mother of the insured would be eligible for the relief.
- The scheme shall be effective for two years from March 24, 2020 and the minimum relief under the scheme shall be Rs 1800/- per month.
- The minimum relief under the scheme shall be Rs 1800/- per month.
*Tanvi Singh, Editorial Assistant has reported this brief.