Lucknow University Placement and Internship Committee Is organising 1st Justice A.S. Anand Memorial National Agreement Drafting Competition, 2021.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Competition on the basis of the information seeks to engage with the community of law students in India to promote the art of modern legal drafting. This aims at providing opportunities to the students to initiate research about legal certainties and further the skills of drafting.
The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Participants may register individually or in a team of two (2).
- The agreement shall be drafted on the basis of the Problem Statement.
- The agreement shall be drafted in English language only.
- The agreement shall not exceed more than five (5) A4-sized typewritten pages, excluding the cover page and the signature page. Five (5) marks shall be deducted as penalty for each page exceeding the page limit.
- The document containing the agreement shall not reveal the identity of the participants, in any manner whatsoever.
- Soliciting assistance from industry professionals with or without consideration isstrictly prohibited.
- Formatting: Font style – Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing – 1.5, justified alignment, paragraph spacing – 0 pt. before and after, 1 inch margin on all sides.
- Participants are encouraged to use modern agreement drafting techniques that focus on the use of plain English.
- Submissions shall be made in .doc or .docx format only.
- Submissions shall be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Submission for Agreement Drafting Competition: [Team Code]”.
- Clarifications on the Problem Statement shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Clarifications on the Problem Statement: [Team Code]”.
- For further query, feel free to contact on: Urmika Pandey: 6394073279, Rishabh Chauhan: 7379925555 Himanshu Singh: 7068524505
- Participants shall register themselves for the Competition by submitting the following form: click here
- Registration Fee: Rs. 50/- (Individual Participation); Rs. 100/- (TeamParticipation)
- Payment shall be mode on 6394073279 through google pay or phonepe.
- A Team Code shall be assigned to each individual participant / participant team, as the case may be, after the successful completion of registration.
- Release of Problem Statement: July 27, 2021
- Last date for registration: August 25, 2021
- Last date for seeking clarifications on the Problem Statement: August 25, 2021
- Release of clarifications (if any): August 26, 2020
- Submission deadline: August 31, 2021
- Declaration of Results: September 11, 2021