About the Organizer
NMIMS School of Law offers an outstanding legal education to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level. Established in 2018 by NMIMS University, one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India, the programs offering in our law school has all qualities and niceties of the programs offering by the world-class Universities over the world. The school’s faculty members are well qualified and experienced with a wide range of quality legal publications and also associated with social justice legal education. The most advantageous fact is that the NMIMS student community is well diversity rich irrespective of any region, religion, sexual orientation etc. School of Law aspires to be a global centre of scholarly excellence in the field of law and justice and will prepare outstanding and innovative law professionals with a socially responsible outlook through holistic legal education. A Law School with a global focus and international outreach dedicated to advance human dignity, social and economic welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the Competition
The quest for knowledge, wisdom and insight is part and parcel of life. While the pandemic still roars on the edges, and everyone is stuck at their homes, The Moot Court Society of NMIMS School of Law, Bengaluru takes immense pleasure while announcing our 2nd National Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021.
With a goal of improving clinical legal education in India, the School of Law, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies organizes moot court competitions every year and invites law students from various law schools and universities across the country to master the art and abilities of advocacy. A moot court not only improves legal knowledge, but also communication, drafting, legal research, and presentation skills. To judge the moot, we have on board with us legal luminaries with excellent expertise in the legal field.
- Date: October 1st-3rd 2021
- Teams: Each participating team shall comprise of minimum of two (2) members and maximum of three (3) wherein two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher (optional).
- Official Language: The official language for the Moot Court Competition shall be English.
All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/ 5 years or post graduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
Only one team will be allowed to register per college in this competition. Cross institutional teams are not eligible to participate in this competition.
Structure of the Competition
The Competition shall be conducted for three days from 1st October 2021 to 3rd October 2021.
The Competition shall consist of two rounds:
- Memorial Selection Round
- The Oral Round
- Preliminary Round
- Quarter-final rounds
- Semi-final rounds
- Final round
Registration Details (With payment details)
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration before 20th August 2021.
- The Registration shall be done by filling up the Application form available HERE
- The number of participating teams is limited to 100; the registrations will be done on first come first serve basis. Registration will be closed once 100 teams register.
- The Registration fee is Rs. 2000/- per team.
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled.
- Once the registration is complete, each team will be provided with a team code along with the confirmation mail.
- The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the OC.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable at any cost.
The registration fee is required to be transferred to the below mentioned
- Account No. – 191010100023603
- Type of account- Savings
- Account Holder – Pritam Kumar Ghosh
- IFSC Code-UTIB0000191
- Google Pay No. – +91 6363759532
- Commencement of Registration: July 29th, 2021
- Last date of registration: August 20th, 2021, 11:59 PM
- Clarification Round Starts : August 16th, 2021, 10:00 AM
- Clarification Round Ends: August 26th, 2021, 11:59 PM
- Release of Clarifications: September 3rd, 2021, 1:00 PM
- Submission of Memorandum Last date: September 19th, 2021, 11:59 PM
- Memo Results : September 28th, 2021, 1:00 PM
- Inauguration: October 1st, 2021, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
- Oral Rounds – October 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2021
- Result/ Award declaration: October 3rd, 2021, 3:00 PM
- Winning Team: Certificate of merit + Cash prize of Rs. 81,000 + Internship Opportunity at SS Rana& Co. + Knock out plan from SkillXPro + one year complimentary subscription to SCC Online Web Edition to each member of the team.
- Runners up: Certificate of merit + Cash prize of Rs. 41,000 + Knock out plan from SkillXPro.
- Best Speaker: Certificate of Merit + Cash prize of Rs. 11,000.
- Best Memorial: Certificate of Merit + Cash prize of Rs. 11,000.
All participants shall be provided with Certificate of Participation and One hour online training session on SCC Online along with One month access to the SCC Online Web Edition.
For Brochure, click HERE
For Moot Problem, Click HERE
- Pritam Ghosh
Ph no. –08025126126
Email – Pritam.email@example.com
- Isha Tripathi – Convenor, Moot Court Society
Ph no. – +91 9911878111/ 8882175520
- Dhriti Bole, Co-Convenor, Moot Court Society
Ph no. – +91 7992231780