The Journal Committee (“Committee”) at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, in collaboration with Regstreet Law Advisors, is organising 8th edition of the RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (“RILEC”) along with RMLNLU-Regstreet Law Advisors Conference on Financial Regulatory law on 14 March, 2021.
- Regulatory hurdles to the growth of a successful IFSC in india
- Financial regulations and the innovation in fintech
- Direct overseas listing
- Resolution of financial firms
- Analysis of the stock exchange responses to curb the pandemic caused volatility
- Social stock exchange
- Trading member default
Authors must be pursuing their 5-year integrated LL.B. (Hons.) course / 3 year LL.B. course / LL.M. from any recognised university in India and equivalent law degree, abroad for the academic year of 2020-2021, to be eligible to participate in the Competition
All entries will be judged and ranked by the Regstreet Law Advisors and Journal Committee. The last date for submission is 31 January 2021. A maximum of top five entries will be selected for the virtual conference to be organised on 14 March 2021. The participants may adopt any suitable means for presenting the papers including audio-visual aids, such as PowerPoint presentation.
The selected entries will be considered for publication in the next issue of RMLNLU Law Review Journal & the RMLNLU Law Review Blog. The top three essays will be conferred with rewards.
- Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed.
- Multiple entries for same authors are not allowed.
- A participant may submit an entry related to ONE sub-theme ONLY. One may not juxtapose sub-themes in an entry
- Entries should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarised.
- Word Limit: 4000-5000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality
- Formatting specifications:
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman | 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Citation Style: Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the essay.
- The file name must consist only of the author’s name.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject title “Entry for 8th RILEC – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The last date for the submission of soft copies is 31th January, 2021.
- The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
- Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with the immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
- Any indication of author’s name or university in the entry shall lead to immediate disqualification from the competition.
- Winner – INR 15,000
- First Runner Up – INR 10,000
- Second Runner Up – INR 5,000
Top three entries will be receiving a ‘certificate of achievement’ and an opportunity to intern at Regstreet Law Advisors.
A ‘certificate of merit’ shall be provided to the selected entries.
Selected entries will be published on ‘The RMLNLU Law Review Blog’.
All participants shall be receiving a ‘certificate of participation’.
- Write us at email@example.com in case of queries.
- You may also reach us through the phone.
- Agrima Gupta: +91 9810373335
- Harshit Agrawal: +91 9425429954
- Anmol Adhrit: +91 8825314318
Click here to know more about the competition.
For more details , 8TH RMLNLU INTERNATIONAL LEGAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION
You can follow us on our Facebook page here.