The Lucknow University Placement & Internship Committee, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organising the Public Interest Litigation Drafting Competition.
The rules of the competition are:
- Eligibility The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their
- Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Team Composition “Individual Participation” as well as “Participation in a team of two” is allowed. Participants from two different universities cannot form a team.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration
- Deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
- Registration Process – The participating teams can register them by filling this Registration Form click here after the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
- There is no registration fee.
- Registration Opens -08th January
- Registration Closes -14th February
- Submission of PIL drafts- 15th February
- Declaration of results -28th February
- All the queries and clarifications must be sent to the official mail ID of the organizers i.e. “firstname.lastname@example.org” and the subject of the mail must read as “PIL COMPETITION QUERY”.
- No query without the subject “PIL COMPETITION QUERY” would be entertained.
- The last day to raise a query is “12th February , 2021”.Only queries sent through a mail shall be entertained.
(i) Topic of PIL The participants may submit a PIL draft on any issue of contemporary relevance that they deem fit.
Submission of PIL Drafts
- Each Participating Team must submit ONE PIL draft.
- If a participant/team wishes to submit any annexure to support his/her arguments contained in the Draft [for instance Reports, Commentaries, News Clippings, Pictures, etc.] a compendium of all the relevant annexure must be prepared and should be sent along with the memorial.
- All PIL drafts must be sent on the email address: till 15th February, 2021 midnight with the Subject of the email as “PIL Draft, Team Code _” Any submission with any name reference of the participant will be disqualified. Substantial Plagiarism shall amount to disqualification; therefore, the Participants must not submit plagiarised content (as the Drafts will be put through ‘Turnitin’).
- In case the draft of two or more participants/teams is found “substantially similar” to each other, both the participants/ teams shall be disqualified.
All the drafts must be submitted in PDF Format (.pdf).
- The body of the submissions must be in the font “Times New Roman” with font size 12, with line spacing of 1.5 and justified. (The Font size for the Headings can be formatted as per the choice of the participants) The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing, justified. Authorities shall be cited as per the 20th edition of the Bluebook.
(iv)Content of the PIL
The PIL is to be filed before the Supreme Court of India
- The PIL Memorial must contain all of, and only, the following components: – Cover page; which should contain;
(a) The Unique team code in the upper right-hand corner.
(b) The name of the case;
- Table of Contents;
- Table of Abbreviations;
- Index of Authorities;
- Statement of Jurisdiction;
- Facts of the Case;
- Issue(s) Raised;
- Summary of Arguments/Pleadings;
- Arguments Advanced/Pleadings;
- Table of annexure.
- There is no restriction on the number of pages.
- Knowledge of Law and Facts of the Proposition-20
- Proper and Articulate Analysis -20
- Extent and Use of Research -20
- Clarity and Organization -20
- Grammar and Style of Writing- 10
- Correct format and Citation style -10
- TOTAL 100
- The participants securing the first three positions i.e. First, Second and Third shall be felicitated with the certificate of appreciation.
Certificate of participation for all participants.
For more details, refer BROCHURE