The Arbitration & Corporate Law Review “ACLR” is accepting submissions of manuscripts for publication in Volume I of the journal, aimed to be published by April 2021. The deadline for submission of manuscripts for the forthcoming issue is Jan 15, 2021.
1. About the Journal
ACLR Journal is a peer-reviewed, inter-disciplinary academic journal which publishes annually in winter/spring at the end of April. The journal is a student-run journal with four tiers of review, the final being reviewed by the “Peer-Review-Panel”, consisting of professionals from reputed law firms of the country.
2. Advisory Board
The ACLR is fortunate to have a Board of Advisors comprising of Senior professionals from distinguished Domestic and International Law firms like Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, Finsec Law Advisors, Khaitan & Co., PSL Advocates, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., Legasis Partners, Acuity Law, United Maritime Law Chambers, and Azmi & Associates. The Board also comprises of legal academicians with immense experience in the subject areas who area acting as mentors for the initiative.
Furthermore, this Volume of the Journal will be graced with a Foreword by Mr. Justice B. N. Srikrishna, retired Judge of the Supreme Court of India.
3. Theme of the Journal
Submissions will be accepted on the contemporary and relevant issues on areas such as Company law, Insolvency law, Securities law, Competition law, Arbitration Law, Law of Taxation, IPR, Trade Law, and Employment law. Submissions can take following forms (exclusive of footnotes)
- Short Articles – 3000 to 5000 words.
- Long Articles – 5000 to 8000 words.
- Book Reviews – 2000 to 3000 words.
- Case Comments – 3000 to 5000 words.
- Legislative Comments – 2000 to 4000 Words.
We accept submissions from Students enrolled in 5-year or 3-year law course, Legal Professionals, Teachers, Researchers, Policy-Makers, Senior Academicians and any member of the legal fraternity.
Co-authorship is allowed up to 3 Authors.
5. Content Guidelines
- The submission should reflect original and unpublished work of the author which is not under review on any other platform. A maximum similarity of 15% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in rejection of the article summarily.
- Submissions must ideally adhere to the word limits provided. However, the author can exceed the limit in case it is necessary for the purpose of discussion. This limit shall be exclusive of any explanatory footnotes that are added.
- Submissions should be made in Microsoft Word (.docx) format.
- The submission should adhere to the following formatting style.
- Heading 1 – Times New Roman, 14, Bold, 1.5″ spacing, Justified alignment.
- Heading 2 – Times New Roman, Bold + Italics, 12, 1.5″ spacing, Justified alignment.
- Body – Times New Roman, 12, 1.5″ spacing, Justified alignment.
- Footnotes- Times New Roman, 10, 1″ spacing, Justified alignment.
- Relevant sources such as judgments, laws, treaties, news articles, and other legal texts must be added as footnotes adhering to the Uniform Bluebook 20th Edition citation style.
- The submission should have an informative and narrative title. If the author wishes the Editorial Board to assign a title, the author should inform the same in the form.
- The submission should accompany an Abstract (300-500 words) which shall sum up the crux of the paper.
6. Submission Guidelines
- All submissions shall be made by filling out the google form – HERE
- Last Date of Submission 15th January, 2021.
- Kindly do not send submissions via email. The submissions sent via email will not be accepted.
- The author will not be sent an acknowledgement mail. However, the author shall be informed of initiation of the review. The preliminary review shall be done within 15 days. Do not send follow up mails.
All queries must be addressed to the journal via emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.