This major feat has been achieved by Ms. Sukanya Banerjee from Amity Law School, Mumbai and Mr. Mayank Rathod from ABA College of Law, Dadar affiliated to Mumbai University.
The 10th Anniversary Conference of United Nations Academic Impact was held on 18th &19th November, 2019.In the light of celebrating the 10th Anniversary of United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI), Chandigarh University in Mohali, India organized a two-day conference on 18th and 19th November, not only to celebrate the successes of this initiative, but also to discuss the way forward for higher education in addressing critical issues.
Sukanya Banerjee and Mayank Rathod presented their paper on the topic “Qualitative Higher Education in the Legal Field” to incorporate multilateralism and the United Nations global agenda in higher education curriculum and pedagogy in a more impact-focused manner.
There were paper presentations by various students related to the different dimensions of higher education and sustainable development. In addition to UNAI member institutions from India, the conference attracted presenters from Ghana, Malawi, the Republic of Korea, Qatar, Sri Lanka and Tunisia, as well as students from Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal and Tanzania.
The event was graced by:
- His Excellency Mr. Federico Sales Lofte(Ambassador of Mexico to India);
- Mr. Ashok Sajjanhar (Former Amb. to Sweden, Latvia and Kazakhsstan, and President, Institute of Global Studies);
- Rajesh Tandon (Founder President, PRIA and UNESCO Chair on Community-Based Research and Social Responsibility of Higher Education);
- His Excellency Mr. Austin Fernando (High Commissioner of Sri Lanka to India);
- Ashok K. Pavadia (Former Addl. Secretary Home, Govt. of India);
- His Excellency Mr. George Mkondiwa (High Commissioner, Republic of Malawi);
- Mohammad Haleem Khan (IAS (Rtd., Former Secretary, Govt. Of India, Ministry of Finance);
- Pankaj Pachauri (Former Media Adviser to Prime Minister, Founder and Editor in Chief, Gonews);
- Nikhil Saraf (Attorney, Partner Infinity Legal and Human Rights Activist, Chandigarh);
- Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari, (Former Chief Justice of Patna High Court. Currently, Chairman, Punjab Human Rights Commission);
- His Excellency Mr. Michael A.N.N. OquuayeEsq., (High Commission, Republic of Ghana);
- (Dr.) Wolfgang C. Amann (HEC Paris in Doha, Qatar)
And various other prominent dignitaries, diplomats, academicians, government officials and representatives of international organizations had attended this event.