Creating works of art in response to the recent events is a potent antidote to the uncertainty and fear round us. Keeping that in mind, Showca(u)se, a literary magazine for and by law students of NLU-Jodhpur, invites you to write about your ideas and opinions. We bring to you a convergence of literature, law and current events in today’s society. Currently we are accepting submissions on a rolling basis!
The magazine invites all kinds of original and unpublished submissions. Whatever form your piece takes, it will be consumed by an active and engaged readership so reach out to us with your pitch!
The following are our submission guidelines:
- Submissions must be in English and previously unpublished. Submissions in any other language must have an English translation of the same attached.
- We are interested in personal essays, think-pieces, memoirs, prose poems, formal poems, blank verse, free verse and short stories; we do not publish academic essays or purely legal writing. Any opinion piece must be adequately Sources must be duly credited; we have a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism.
- Simultaneous submissions are also acceptable as long as we are notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere. Once accepted, the copyright of the piece is automatically transferred to Showca(u)se.
- Articles, essays or poems that have been selected to be published in Showca(u)se may be reposted on other platforms. However, the second publication should be allowed only with the prior permission of the Board of The second publication should duly acknowledge the publication Showca(u)se. It may be done by stating that: [first posted on Showca(u)seMagazine ondd/mm/yy].
- Co-authorship is permitted for any submissions sent.
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com in doc/docx format.
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on the receipt of the article/essay/poem by the Editorial Board. In case this does not happen, kindly re-send the article. Once the Editorial Board acknowledges the receipt of an article, it will go through a rigorous editorial process and the decision about its acceptance or rejection shall be communicated to the authors within 10 days.
- Please do not submit revisions of work we’ve already considered.
In case of anonymous submission, click HERE
In case of any queries please feel free to reach out to Aditya J Nair (+91 9497969600) or Vaishnavi Prasad (+91 9791011442).
Do check us out HERE