States are exhibiting an increasingly keen interest in augmenting investments in developing their capabilities and competencies in the realm of both air and space activities. Non-State actors, including private investors, are no exceptions to this emerging trend. It is becoming evident that a nation’s supremacy in air and space will define international relations in the years to come. Recognizing this potential, the GNLU Centre for Public International Law has conceived the GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) as a platform for engaging in discourse on contemporary legal issues in the field of air and space.The first edition of GASLA was successfully conducted by GNLU in 2016, in collaboration with the Institute of Air and Space Law, University of Cologne and the Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS). Encouraged by the overwhelming success of the four editions, the V. S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL) is pleased to present before you the 5th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2020. The 5th Edition is scheduled to be organised virtually from 27 September to 04 October 2020.
The theme of the Academy
• Latest issues in space law including but not limited to space tourism, space debris, commercial space mining, environmental harm, space exploration, international liability for incidents in space
• National space policies
• Current challenges relating to territorial sovereignty and its extension in air and space
• Aviation-related crimes and Aerial Terrorism
• Air Accidents and Incident Investigation
• Regime Governing Military and Civil Airports
• Case laws relating to International Air Law
• WC Kiran Krishnan Nair (Retd.), Indian Air Force
• Dr Kumar Abhijeet, Legal Officer, Ministry of External Affairs
• Mr Nitin Sarin, Managing Partner, Sarin & Co.
• Dr Paul Fitzgerald, Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Law, Institute of Air and Space Law, McGill University.
• Dr Ranjana Kaul, Partner, Dua Associates.
• Prof. (Dr.) Sandeepa Bhat, Professor of Law, West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
• Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe, Director, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany
• Dr V. Gopalakrishnan, Former Policy Analyst, Indian Space Research Organisation
• Prof. (Dr.) V. Balakista Reddy, Registrar, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
• Mr Vikrant Panchnanda, Dispute Resolution Counsel and Aviation Attorney, Supreme Court of India
• Prof. (Dr.) Wian Erlank, Professor, Law Faculty, North-West University, Potchefstroom
• Dr Divya Tyagi, Assistant Professor of Law, Gujarat National Law University
Three sessions(tentative) will be conducted every day from 27th September – 04th October 2020. The sessions will be scheduled from 5.00 PM to 8.30 PM (IST) on weekdays.
Under Graduate students, Post Graduate students, Research Scholars, Legislative and Regulatory Authorities, Armed Forces, Professionals from Aviation and Space Industry, International Organizations, Institutions focused on Private and Public Capacity building and Faculty Members.
Indian Nationals: INR 1000 + 18% GST = INR 1180/-
Foreign Nationals: USD 50 + 18% GST = USD 59Last date for Registration and payment of Fees: 25th September 2020.
Note: E-Certificate of Participation will be provided upon successfully attending stipulated number of lectures of the Academy.
For Indian Nationals: click HERE
(Steps for Payment & Registration)
- Click on this link to be redirected towards the payment portal.
- Agree on the terms and proceed to payment.
- Select ‘Gujarat’ in the State of Corporate/Institution tab.
- Select ‘Educational Institution’ in Type of Corporate/Institution tab.
- Select ‘Gujarat National Law University’ in the Education Institutions Name tab.
- Select ‘GNLU Academy on Air and Space Law’ in Select Payment Category tab.
- Fill the necessary information and make the respective payment. Please note there is a separate fee for GNLU students.
- Fill out the attached registration form post payment.
The Academy will be conducted through an online medium using Cisco WebEx online meetings platform. Participants who successfully make the payment and subsequently fulfil the registration process will be provided with the attendee link for each day.For further query, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.