About the University
Amity University, Uttar Pradesh a world-class bona fide University established by a State Act, recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with “A+” Grade, as a leading institution engaged in imparting higher education in various fields.
Amity Law School is organising its 10th Edition of Amity International Moot Court Competition which will be a unique opportunity to discuss fascinating issues of law of the sea, and also to engage with the many procedural facets of international dispute settlement.
About the Moot Competition
Though it has been difficult to scuffle through these anomalous times, mooters are nothing if not adaptable. The organisers strive to provide a platform to the students to imbibe the pragmatic skills and this moot court is one such exclusive attempt to create a simulated atmosphere for the future Lawyers. The objective is to allow the students to delve into intersections of emerging International issues.
The moot court will simulate proceedings before the International Court of Justice (ICJ). The competition will be a unique opportunity to discuss fascinating issues of law of the sea, and also to engage with the many procedural facets of international dispute settlement. The case typically involves complex issues of international law, ranging from State responsibility to the law of the sea and maritime rights.
Hosting its 10th edition is like moving to the next orbit. With this event, the organisers level up from National to International level and from traditional mooting to online mooting. This moot will provide a stage for converging to the Indian diversity & global diversity. Students from across continents will hone their mooting skills during this 3-day program and will have a cross-cultural exposure.
- All recognized law schools, universities and institutions in India or abroad with minimum three year of LL.B. courses shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall comprise of either two (2) members where, one of the two(2) Speakers shall be designated as Researcher or three(3) members where two (2) members, shall be designated as Speakers and one (1) member as Researcher.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to accompany the team.
- No cross teams i.e. members of different universities, shall be allowed.
- Language of the competition shall be English.
- Teams are required to complete their Registration by 15th September 2020 by 23:59 hours IST.
- Only one team per Institute/College is allowed. Registration will be done on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is NO Registration fee for this event. The Registration shall be done by filling up an Application form, available HERE
Tejaswini Pathak, Student Convener (+91 7004173379)
Priyanshi Jha, Deputy Student Convener (+91 6202260239)
Deepak Singh, Secretary (+91 7571915036)