Jus Cultura is the Literary, Debating and Quizzing Society of NLIU Bhopal. Established in 2007, JC is a recognized cell of the University, with Prof. (Dr.) Mukesh Srivastava as the Faculty in-charge.
The cell plays an integral role in the holistic development of the students and encourages creativity through speech and writing that is so crucial in law school. JC is, in fact, the perfect platform for law students to develop a sound acumen, through candid interactions with fellow students and discussions on matters of national and international interest.
Who Can Submit?
Students, academicians, research scholars, and activists are welcome to contribute to the
magazine. The deadline for submission is 5th September 2020.
Structure of the Magazine
This magazine is a quarterly issue and we will accept any writing, subject to scrutiny and review, be it poems, stories, opinions, ballads, essays etc. Aawaaz endeavors to provide a platform where authors get to publish work across genres. The magazine broadly has two sections. The first one deals with diverse content that surrounds one’s lifestyle like music, food, art, culture, technology, opinions, satire, movies and the list goes on.
The latter part deals with issues that demand seriousness because it aims to create an impact among readers through sensitive and intellectually-dealt content. For the submissions in the latter part, it should fall under the following broad headings:
It should be noted that these topics are simply indicative and the authors are free to submit content on topics that they deem fit for an impactful magazine. The final call will be taken by the editorial team.
- All submissions to the magazine should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication. Plagiarized submissions will be rejected.
- The language of the submissions should be English.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of two authors and is barred in case of poems and ballads.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
Font: Times New Roman
Font size: 12
- Authors must include their brief biographical information (in no more than two lines). This information should include institutional affiliation and corresponding email address. Anon publication and publication under a pen name is allowed subject to mentioning the same in the body of the mail.
- We prefer submissions that do not exceed 1,500 words in length. However, the magazine is flexible on the word count, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Content deemed against public decency will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject – Submission for Aawaaz Vol. 1.
Kindly find attached the detailed call for submissions and guidelines. For further details, please drop a mail at email@example.com or contact the undersigned.