About Criminal Law Review
Criminal Law Review (CrLR), a research organisation, was founded in Jan 2018. CrLR takes up several research projects, runs a blog and conducts various events with an aim to promote legal writing & research and to assist legal fraternity in the field of criminal law. The CrLR provides an effective platform to credible and comprehensive research work that deals with the intricacies and nuances of criminal law.
In 2019, CrLR successfully conducted the first edition of Criminal Law Review National Writing Competition. We are now back with the 2nd edition.
The Competition & its Theme
The Ministry of Home Affairs has constituted the ‘Committee for Reforms in Criminal Laws’ to review the criminal laws in India and currently, there is a nationwide discussion on probable reforms. Considering such recent developments, the CrLR has decided to conduct this competition on the following theme:
“Reforms in Indian Criminal Laws”
Participants are free to choose any topic falling within the theme.
Law students pursuing UG or PG (LLM) from any law college/institute (in India or abroad) are eligible. [2020 Batch is also eligible]
Registration Fee & Process
Interested students must register themselves by paying the required registration fee.
Upon payment of the registration fee, participants are required to send us their details [Name, Year of Study, College, Contact Details] and payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘CrLR NWC 2021 Registration | Name of the Author’
Paytm/Google Pay 8172890212; Paytm UPI 8172890212@paytm
Criminal Law Review (CrLR) | A Research Organisation
For Single Author Rs. 250
For Co-Authors [Max of 2] Rs. 450
Mode of Payment
Paytm/Google Pay 8172890212
Paytm UPI 8172890212@paytm
1. Co-authorship is permitted (maximum of 2 authors).
2. The manuscript submitted must be an original work of author and must not have been
submitted or published elsewhere.
3. Word Limit 4000-5000 (inclusive of footnotes).
4. The manuscript must not disclose identity of the authors (e.g., their names, name of institution etc.)
5. Along with the manuscript, authors must attach a cover letter which would have the details of the authors
6. All the required documents (manuscript and cover letter) must be in doc or doc.x format and must be mailed to email@example.com with subject ‘Manuscript Submission | CrLR NWC 2021 | Name of the Author’
1. All the footnotes must be cited as per The Bluebook (20th edition).
2. Headings: Times New Roman (TNR), Size- 12, Bold, Line Spacing 1.5 and Justified.
3. Sub-headings: TNR, Size 13, Bold & Italics, Line Spacing 1.5 and Justified.
4. Other Text (In main body): TNR, Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 and justified.
5. Footnotes: TNR, Size 10, Line Spacing 1.0 (Follow Bluebook 20th edition).
Prizes Money, Certificate & Other Perks
1. Winner Rs. 5,000
2. Runners-up Rs. 3,000
3. Second Runners-up Rs. 2,000
4. Merit Certificate to Top 10 Criminal Law Review (CrLR) | A Research Organisation
5. Top 10 Papers will be compiled to form an e-book (the number is subject to change depending upon the quality of submissions we receive)
6. Participation Certificate to all the participants.
1. Registration Deadline: 25th August 2020
2. Submission Deadline: 25th September 2020
3. Results: 25th October 2020
Link to the Criminal Law Review (CrLR)
For any queries, please mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +91-7434045410.