The HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management, (Volume 1 Issue 1 of 2020) invites scholarly contributions for the maiden issue. The maiden issue of the Journal is scheduled to be published online in the month of December 2020. The journal solicits scholarly contributions relating to legal cum theoretical developments in the field of Environment Law and Disaster Management. The last date for submission of contributions is October 18, 2020. The selection of entries shall be based on a double-blind peer review. Queries about the submission of papers and related matters may be directed to email@example.com
Submission shall be accepted only through email, and the same need to be captioned as “Contribution to HPNLU-JEDM <Title of Contribution>”.
ABOUT THE JOURNAL
The HPNLU Journal of Environment and Disaster Management is an annual double-blind peer-reviewed journal of the Centre for Environment and Disaster Management, Himachal Pradesh National Law University Shimla. The Journal aims to be a forum that engages and promotes scholarly research works amongst academicians, researchers, and students interested in environmental and disaster management.
CATEGORIES FOR SUBMISSION
The contribution may be made in the form of Article, Notes & Comments, and Book Review. The contribution, in any category, should be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of contemporary issues in Environmental Law and/or Disaster Management.
Following word limits should be observed:
- ARTICLES (?6000 to <10000words)
- ESSAYS & COMMENTS (?4000 to <6000 words)
- Book Review (?3000 to <4000 words) (Contribution under this Category is required to be made along with the new hard copy of the Book.)
- Submissions shall be accepted only in the English language.
- All Articles must be accompanied by an ‘abstract’ of 250-300 words. The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the article beyond the existing available literature.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to one (01) co-author only.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, and 1.5-line spacing. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, and single line spacing.
- For Citation, the Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly followed. (Author(s) may visit the freely accessible website of Cornell University Law School: http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/
- Manuscripts should only use footnotes as a means of citation. No other method shall be permitted.
- Lengthy Quotations are discouraged. Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgment.
- Lengthy and multi-paragraphed footnotes are discouraged. The citations must mention the page(s) of the source and in cases where Court Judgments are referred to, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
- Send your manuscript in MS- Word (.docx) format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “Submission for HPNLU-JEDM” <Title of the Manuscript>. The submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm, October 18, 2020.
- Author(s) is required to send a cover letter mentioning the title of the paper, name, designation, and details of the author(s) and institutional affiliation. Further, the author(s) are required to make a solemn declaration about the originality of the manuscript and that the same has not been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Paraphrasing another author’s work shall not be considered as original work. The source must be acknowledged.
- The copyright in all articles, published in the Volume shall vest in the owner of the Journal.
- The Contributor has to cover the risk of being sued for copyright infringements including defamation or contempt and shall be liable to suffer the losses if caused by violating copyright.
EDITOR IN CHIEF
Prof. (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal Vice-Chancellor, HPNLU, Shimla
Prof. S.S. Jaswal Registrar, HPNLU, Shimla
Dr. Girjesh Shukla Associate Professor of Law, HPNLU, Shimla