About The Law Culture
The Law Culture is a student run portal, guided by a distinguished set of luminaries conceived with the objective to facilitate dialogue on complex legal subjects in a comprehensible and lucid manner. Visit thelawculture.in
About the Legal Arena
Legal Arena is an ongoing series of competitions organised by The Law Culture and is introduced with an idea to mould and hone the competitive spirit of an individual. The essence of these competitions lies in providing a platform to the author(s) to showcase their skills, knowledge and expertise. The platform encourages writers to introduce novel perspectives, arguments to untouched legal subjects.
- Last Date for Submission: 5th August 2020.
- Co-authorship is allowed upto a maximum of two authors.
- Awardees will be selected by our Advisory Board. (Check Advisory Board via menu)
- The participants shall have the autonomy to choose the topics of their wishes. However, it is mandatory that the topic shall be related to the field of law and public policy.
- Only one registrationis allowed per author(s). Multiple or incomplete submissions may lead to disqualification.
- All Shortlisted articles shall be subjected to a plagiarism test. Articles conceding over 25% shall stand disqualified.
- Once the article is forwarded for submission, the author(s) shall be said to have divested his rights in the article and the concerned article cannot be published anywhere else until and unless the entry is rejected by our team.
Interested candidates can register through this page.
Winning the Competition
- The winner will be rewarded with a prize of ?2000 and the runner up ?1000.
- The winners will also be featured on our webpage and social handles.
- Top 10 entries will be subsequently published, along with the author’s picture and profile.
- The winners will be declared on 15th August, 2020.
- The submission shall be made in a word document carrying unified formatting.
- References shall be hyperlinked(cmd+k).
- The article must range from 1200-2500 words.
- Broad guidelines for marking include novelty, research, style of writing, arguments, etc. It is paramount that the article submitted shall be bereft of grammatical errors and shall adhere to the guidelines mentioned herein to be considered as a valid entry for this competition.
- The article shall not contain any details revealing the author, institution, etc. That is to be mentioned in the email itself.
- Submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Legal Arena – Submission” as the subject of the mail.
- The email is required to have the text document, details of the author including a decent photograph, and a declaration affirming the originality of the manuscript. For eg. “I certify that the given article is original in its content and doesn’t violate any copyright of any author. I also certify that this article has not been submitted for publication into some other blog/newspaper etc.”
Visit The Law Culture for detailed information.
For queries, feel free to contact us at email@example.com