The GNLU Centre for Environmental Law, Sustainable Development and Climate Change is pleased to invite you to Inaugural Session of the GNLU- GSBTM Post Graduate Diploma in ‘Biotechnology, Law and Public Policy‘ scheduled on Friday the 24th July 2020 from 02:00 to 04:00 pm.
About this session:
We take this opportunity to explain a little about Gujarat National Law University’s (GNLU) noble endeavour to provide a forum for multidisciplinary dialogue and reflection between subject matter experts including academicians, lawyers, ethicists, bioscientists, clinicians, policymakers and other stakeholders. We are pleased to inform you that on 8th February 2020 GNLU has entered into an MoU with Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM) with an objective to Develop Post Graduate Diploma in ‘Biotechnology, Law and Public Policy’. This alliance here has taken academics and technology to the next level aimed to refinement in the field of research development and knowledge sharing. The rationale of this Post Graduate Diploma Course orchestrated by GNLU and GSBTM would be to build a framework that will evolve a roadmap for knowledge, understanding and relevance in the legal space of biotechnology. This can lead to groundbreaking, policy and technical decisions that can complement & supplement and simplify decision making in the emerging and ever-evolving ecosystem of Biotechnology.
Organizers of the Event
- Prof (Dr) S. Shanthakumar, Director, Gujarat National Law University.
- Dr. Subhash Soni, Mission Director,Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission.
- Dr. Shobhalata V. Udapudi,Professor of Law,Ph.D. Coordinator,Director, GNLU Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development,Gujarat National Law University.
Distinguished Speakers of the Event
- Dr. N. Anil Kumar, Senior Director, M S Swaminathan Botanical Garden, M. S. Swaminathan Research Foundation
- Dr. Gary Marchant, Ph.D., J.D, Regents’ Professor and Lincoln Professor of Emerging Technologies, Law & Ethics, Faculty Director, Center for Law, Science & Innovation, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Professor, School of Life Sciences, Distinguished Sustainability Scientist, Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University.
- Dr. Malathi Lakshmikumaran, Executive Director and Practice Head, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, Delhi.
Steps to join the session:
- Training Session Link – GNLU WebEx dashboard homepage
- Session number – 166 814 9502
- Session password – 3PsDkjunr62