About the faculty
The Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia was established in 1989. The faculty endeavours to achieve academic excellence as it offers a five year integrated B.A.LL.B (Hons.) Programme, a two year Post-graduate Programme (LL.M.) in three specialized streams of Personal Laws, Corporate Laws and Criminal Laws, one year Post graduate Diploma in Labour Laws, one year Post graduate Diploma in Air and Space Law, and a Ph.D. Programme, The faculty has been organizing various National Seminars and Moot Court Competitions in order to provide platform for the students and professionals to engage with a view to achieve academic as well as practical excellence in the legal arena.
With this event the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia enters into its 8th edition of the National Moot Court Competition.
About the Moot
8th Jamia Millia Islamia National Moot Court Competition shall be organized by the Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-25 through an Online Platform from 25th to 27th June 2020 in sponsorship with SCC Online and Easter Book Company (EBC). Prizes worth Rupees Forty Thousand awaits for the winners along with SCC Online’s Subscription.
Each Institution offering an undergraduate LL.B. Degree Course (3/5 years) is eligible to participate in the competition. Each Institution can send multiple Teams. The Competition is only open for students in LL.B. Undergraduate Degree Courses.
Team size and other information
- Each team shall consist of three members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed except with the permission of the organisers.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
Registration Procedure and Registration Fee
- Teams must register by 8th June 2020 through the following online Google Form: HERE
- The Registration Fee for this competition is Rupees Five Hundred Only. (Rs. 500/-). The Bank Account Details in which the Registration Fee must be paid has been attached in the end of the Rule Book (last two pages).
- The Registration Fee must be paid by all the teams and the copy of such transaction must be sent to email@example.com by 8th June 2020 (11:59 PM IST).
- Last date for Registration: 8th June 2020
- Last date for Request for Clarification: 10th June 2020
- Last date for Submission of Soft Copies of Memorials: 20th June 202
- Memorial Selection Results (Top 24): 22nd June 2020
- Researcher’s Test: 25th June 2020
- Oral Rounds: 26th – 27th June 2020
Awards and Certificates
Certificate of Merit: Certificate of Merit shall be given to the Winning Team, Runners-up, Best Advocate (Male), Best Advocate (Female), Best Memorial and Best Researchers.
Cash Prizes are as follows-
- Winners: Rs. 12,000/-
- Runners-up: 8,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Speaker (Male): Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Speaker (Female): Rs. 5,000/-
SCC Online’s Subscription to the Winners in various categories:
- Winners: 6 Months SCC Online Subscription to each participant
- Runners-up: 3 Months SCC Online Subscription to each participant
- Best Researcher3 Months SCC Online Subscription(1 Subscription Card)
- Best Memorial: 3 Months SCC Online Subscription (1 Subscription Card)
- Best Speaker (Female): 3 Months SCC Online Subscription (1 Subscription Card)
- Best Speaker (Male): 3 Months SCC Online Subscription (1 Subscription Card)
Participation Certificate: The teams which submit their memorials for Stage I, and all other teams which qualify to Top 24 slot for the Oral Rounds shall be given Certificate of Participation.
Any query regarding the competition can sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Core Body:
(Dr.) S.Z. Amani, Dean, Faculty of Law, JMI, Patron: email@example.com
(Dr.) Mohd. Asad Malik, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Convenor: firstname.lastname@example.org (98919 99938)
(Dr.) Qazi Mohammad Usman, Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Member:email@example.com
(Dr.) Noorjahan Momin, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, JMI, Co-convenor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Body/Contact Information:
- Mohd Yasin, Convenor, Moot Court Committee: 9648594449
- Aayushi Bana, Co- Convenor, Moot Court Committee: 88264 68847
- Mohd Shueab, Member, Moot Court Committee: 96950 85911