University School of Law and Legal Studies of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, is proud to launch the 2020 Summer Edition of the Indraprastha Law Review (ILR). ILR aims to promote legal research in various developing dimensions and discourse on the same. It is double-blind peer reviewed with the fundamental premise being to promote interdisciplinary research, entailing a detailed study of law and legal studies and its discourse with other disciplines.
The theme of the journal is ‘Recent developments in Law and Legal Studies’. Some suggested sub-themes are:
- Recently developing legal discourse (on topics like, but not restricted to, transformative constitutionalism, the effect of pandemics on legal systems, etc.).
- Technological advancements (AI, blockchain, cryptocurrency, big data, etc.) and their implications in law.
- Gender, culture and societal issues and their interconnection with the developing law.
Please note that the above sub themes are merely indicative in nature and are not to be treated as compulsory requirements. Submissions can be made of the following nature:
- Book Reviews -1000-2000 words.
- Case Commentaries – 1500-2500 words.
- Legislative comments – 1500-2500 words.
- Articles – 5000-8000 words.
The following guidelines for submission have to be followed:
- The entries submitted shall be original and the plagiarism norms of the UGC shall be applicable to the submissions. The cover letter should specifically include an undertaking by the Author(s) regarding the originality of the manuscript and that it has not been previously published and is neither currently under review in another journal.
- Co-Authorship of two persons is allowed.
- Abstracts (for Articles) must not exceed 250 words, and are to be included with the final draft of paper.
- The Citation pattern to be uniformly followed is Harvard Bluebook 20th edition. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Citations shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- All the submissions shall be put to double stage blind peer review and only on the recommendations of the reviewers, the papers submitted shall be considered for publication.
- The copyright of the entry to the Journal will rest with the Editorial Board once the entry has been selected and the Author(s) of the same have been notified.
- The name of the Author(s) or any mode of identification should not be included in the manuscript. The cover letter should have the requisite contact details of the Author(s) along with an undertaking of originality.
- The entries shall be accepted only in MS Word (.doc, .docx) or PDF format.
- There is no publication fee.
All entries by interested parties shall be mailed to email@example.com by 11:59 PM, 25th May, 2020, with the subject ‘ILR – Submission’. Any queries can be directed to the aforementioned email address.