About the Organiser
Gujarat National Law University is a premier university of law situated in Gandhinagar, Gujarat seeking to promote research-based education among its students by way of providing excellent education, and opportunities in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for holistic growth and development including mooting activities.
About the Moot
The GNLU Moot on Securities and Investment Law is organised with the novel objective of promoting research and advocacy in the niche sphere of securities and investment law. It allows young minds all over India to apply their legal knowledge to an interesting and relevant set of facts pertaining to securities and investment law. The moot has grown tremendously since its inception, and has garnered support from a large number of colleges in the form of their participation. GNLUMSIL has also successfully collaborated with nationally recognized sponsors namely, Bombay Stock Exchange – Investors’ Protection Fund, National Securities Depository Limited, Finsec Law Advisors, RegStreet Law Advisors, Manupatra, SCC Online, Lex Witness, Wolters Kluwer, Uber, Lawctopus, Khaitan & Co. and Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition is being organised on a virtual platform.
Eligibility for GNLUMSIL 2021:
- In this edition of the competition, participation is restricted to only 32 Teams.
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide at the time of the competition on a regular basis in an undergraduate LL.B. degree programme or its equivalent conducted by any recognized Institution/College/University in India.
- A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the Competition.
Students enrolled in postgraduate or diploma programmes are not eligible to participate.
Team size and other information:
- Each Team shall comprise of minimum 2 (two) and maximum 3 (three) members. Two members of the Team shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as the Researcher. In case of a 2 member team, both the members will be designated as Orators.
- Any additional member or Team Coach accompanying a Team shall not be recognized and will not be entitled to a certificate from the OC.
Registration procedure and fee details:
- All the Teams desirous of participating in the Competition should provisionally register themselves by sending an email to email@example.com through the Moot Court Committee of their Institution/College/University or the Faculty Coordinator of the Moot Court Committee. Final registration formalities should be completed by the Team only after receiving an affirmative reply from the OC to the provisional registration email.
- The registration fee is INR 2,000 per Team.
- Teams have to pay the Registration Fee by way of an online transfer using the following link: HERE. Teams are instructed to mention the full name of their Institution/College/University in the column provided for Remarks while making the payment. Teams are required to download the receipt of the payment and submit the same through the Google Form along with the Bonafide cum Authorisation letter.
|Release of moot problem||02 February 2021|
|Last date for completion of all registration formalities||13 February 2021|
|Last date to submit clarifications||20 February 2021|
|Last date for submission of soft copy of written submissions||11 March 2021|
|Inauguration and Orientation of Participants||02 April 2021|
|Oral Rounds (to be conducted on a virtual platform)||03-04 April 2021|
Dr. Girish R., Faculty Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-8128650806;
Mr. Hrithik Khurana, Student Convenor at email@example.com, +91-8556868810;
Ms. Samidha Mathur, Student Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-7433052540;
For any information/clarification regarding rules:
Ms. Hansaja Pandya, Student Co-Convenor at email@example.com, +91-9727785358;
For any information/clarification regarding registration:
Ms. Pooja Jasani, Student Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-8238064122.
All important documents pertaining to the moot court competition can be found Here