HPNLU Environment Conclave Centre for Environment and Disaster Management 5th June, 2020
The impending environmental problems are not only the result of population growth but also increased technological advancements and impulse for development. The last decade has witnessed extreme environmental degradation in the form of Forest fires, ocean acidification, loss of biodiversity, melting of Polar Ice Caps and a lot more. This raises serious concerns over existing facets of Environmental and Legal Jurisprudence, whether the same is sufficient to sustain Nature for generations to come?
With this objective in mind, the Centre for Environment and Disaster Management of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is organising a one-day Student Conclave – the Himachal Pradesh National Law University Environment Conclave, to bring together several eminent personalities in the field of Environmental Law to give valuable insights to the young students who will put forth different perspectives and pertinent questions relating to contemporary issues in Environmental Law.
- Theme: The nucleus of the theme for the conclave are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), concerning Environment, which lie at the heart of The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015.
- Who may participate: HPNLU Environment Conclave is primarily a student Conclave and participation is invited from students enrolled bona-fide in an undergraduate/postgraduate, or doctoral courses in any any recognized Institution in India.
- Publication: Research Papers received form acclaimed Scholars working in the filed of Environmental Law (National/ International) along-with selected research papers received for HPNLU Conclave shall be compiled in the form of an edited-book (with ISBN Number) and will be released on 5th June 2020.
- Submission Guidelines: The Work should be original and must not be previously published / under consideration for publication elsewhere. The word limit, excluding footnotes should be between 3000- 5000 words.
- Font: Main Text: Times New Roman, (size 12, Single spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides). For Footnotes– Times New Roman, (size 10). Editorial Board will follow the Anonymous Peer-Review policy, and reserves the right to reject or edit any paper whose content is offensive or defamatory, explicitly unethical etc.
- Footnote Style: As applicable to Journal of Indian Law Institute, (JILI). Available at http://www.ili.ac.in/cstyle.
pdf .Soft copy (.doc/.docx format only) of the paper along with brief resume of the author should be mailed at email@example.com.
- Registration: The registration fee for participating in the HPNLU Environment Conclave is as follows:
- Without Accommodation– Rs. 1000/-
- With Accommodation – Rs. 3000/-
Fee may be paid through NEFT (Account holder Name- Registrar Himachal Pradesh National Law University; A/C 14100110051955, IFSC UCBA0001410, UCO Bank, Branch-Halog Dhami) OR by Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar Himachal Pradesh National Law University” payable at Shimla.
There is no separate form for registration. Students interested may send their expression of Interest along with a brief profile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of Full Paper (soft copy): 25th April, 2020
- Review and Notification of Paper Selection for Presentation: 10nd May, 2020
- Payment of Registration Fee: Latest by 15th May, 2020
- Date of Conference: 5th June 2020 For any queries, you may leave us an email at email@example.com
- Dr. Girjesh Shukla: Director, HPNLU – Centre for Environment and Disaster Management Contact No. +91-8887059676
- Student Co-ordinators
Contact No. +91-8360495514
Contact No. +91-7007233538