ABOUT MNLU MUMBAI
One of the premier National Law University envisages development and advancement of legal education. It’s purpose is imparting specialized and systematic instruction, training and research in systems of law and for the matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
It strives towards enabling women to achieve equality and equal participation in all spheres of life by securing her due rights and entitlements through suitable policy formulation, legislative measures, effective enforcement of laws, implementation of schemes/policies and devising strategies for solution of specific problems/situations arising out of discrimination and atrocities against women.
Inequality along the line of gender has been a persistent problem in India. The severity of problem is more because of gender stereotype present in society. Media the conscious keeper of society, is also not untouched with gender biases. Inclusiveness is furthest not only in the internal set up of organization but also in the content being aired by Media. Researches have shown patriarchal structures in appointments, roles distribution, payment and leadership in media. Not only their functioning but also their work is gender stereotyped. They have been instrumental in re-asserting the belief of their audience for women’s domesticity.
This Seminar sets to explore the gender sensitivity and gender empowerment in & through media. How elusive is contemporary media to Gender differentiation present internally and in the reflection of its work. This seminar is an effort to identify, address and solve the gender discrimination in media industry (this covers print, electronic and social media).
The Seminar has following two broad theme:
- Gender Representation in Media Industry
- Masculinity and hierarchy in Media System
- Leadership Challenges and Opportunities
- Media Policies & Gender equity
- Gender stereotype & Gender sensitive content
- Gender Stereotype in Advertising & Entertainment Industry.
- Crime against Women& Media Consumption
- Social Media Platform and gender-based violence.
- Media in shaping critical consciousness for Power Balanced World.
- Free speech viz a viz Fair speech
- Indecent Representation
- Representation of third gender
Above subthemes are not exhaustive, merely suggestive.
This conference is aimed at students, researchers, academicians, executives of
Media houses, NGO representatives, advocates.
- PARTICIPATION TO THE SEMINAR IS FREE. Since seats available for the Seminar are limited, the intake of the participants shall be on first come first serve basis on the submission of the Registration Form by 25 February, 2020. Participation Certificate would be given.
- CALL FOR PAPERS – An Edited Book with ISBN would be published after double blind peer review of the submitted Papers/Research Articles. The submission details are
- There can be a maximum of three Co-Authors for a Research Paper. All theauthor as well as co-authors will have to separately register themselves bypaying the requisite registration fees.
- Paper Presentation in absantia is permissible.
- Full Paper submission is on 29 February 2020
- Deadlines for submission of Abstract along with Registration Form and Payment of Fees may be referred below
Registration Fees (For Paper Presentation)
|EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION Fees||LATE REGISTRATION|
|On or Before 25February 2020||After 25 February 2020|
|Students: Rs. 1500/-
|Other than students (Teachers, Professional etc.): Rs. 1500/-||Other than students (Teachers, Professional etc.):Rs. 2000/-|
Registration Fees will include
- Breakfast, Lunch and Tea between the Sessions.
*A/C & Non A/C Accommodation (chargeable) can be provided on request.
Non A/C Accommodation – Rs500/- each, on twin sharing
A/C Accommodation – Rs 1200/- each, on twin sharing
BENEFICIARY NAME: MAHARASHTRA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY MUMBAI
BANK NAME: Punjab National Bank
ACCOUNT NO.: 8709000100018239
IFSC CODE: PUNB0870900
|10AM – 11.30 AM||INAUGURAL SESSION|
|11.30 AM – 11.45 AM||TEA BREAK|
|11.45 AM – 2.00 PM||SESSION I|
|2.00 PM -2.45 PM||LUNCH|
|2.45 PM – 4.45 PM||SESSION II|
|4.45 PM– 5.00 PM||TEA|
|5.00 PM – 6.00 PM||VALEDICTORY SESSION|
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai – 2nd Floor, CETTM-MTNL Building, Technology Street, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai (Mumbai)-400076
PROF. (DR.) DilipUkey, Vice Chancellor
Dr. Kiran Rai, Head of Under Graduate,
TO REGISTER mail the Registration Form at