National Law University, Jodhpur, in association with Nishith Desai & Associates, supported by Bridge India, Centre for Mediation and Conciliation, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Peacekeeping And Conflict Resolution Team with Knowledge and Literature Partners SCCOnLine and Eastern Book Company will be organizing the 2nd edition of the NLUJ Deal Mediation Competition, 2020 from 19th to 22nd March 2020.
The four-day event includes:
a. The Second NLUJ DEAL Mediation Competition;
b. Training session and Workshop
I. COMPETITION STRUCTURE
Eligibility: Any student pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law (5 Year LLB Course) is eligible to participate in the competition.
Format: Registrations will be invited from Law universities/colleges/
II. REGISTRATION FEE
Registration Fee per participant in a team from an Indian University shall be INR 4,800/- (Indian Rupees Four Thousand Eight Hundred Only), inclusive of taxes.
Registration Fee per participant in a team from a University outside India shall be INR 6,000/- (Indian Rupees Six Thousand Only), inclusive of taxes.
III. REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
· The Competition has a cap of 32 teams.
· There are two steps to the registration process for the competition, the application and the selection. The application for a slot has to be made by filling this form latest by 18:00 Hrs. on February 4, 2020. The provisional application form is a confirmation of the intention of participation of a College/University/Institution and hence the respective Committee Heads/ Teams are requested to fill the same by the mentioned date.
· After the confirmation of the intention to participate, the colleges which have completed the provisional application will be requested to complete the registration process via a form which will seek the details of the prospective team which is to participate in the competition. This shall be provided in the acknowledgment of the provisional application email. Failure to complete the registration process within the given deadline shall result in forgoing the slot.
· The ADR Committee will then announce the final shortlist of teams who have been selected for the competition after a scrutiny of the applications received on February 10, 2020. The selected teams will then have to complete the payment formalities by February 18, 2020
· Under normal circumstances, only one team shall be allowed per college/institution. However, colleges/institutions can request for the allocation of a maximum of two team slots by filling the form. The ADR Committee shall have the final discretion with respect to the choice of the institution to which such a second slot may be allocated to.
Cash Prizes worth Rs. 50000 along with other exciting prizes.
V. IMPORTANT DEADLINES
|1st Round of Provisional Applications Confirming Participation||February 4, 2020|
|2nd Round of Provisional Application Confirming Participation*||February 5-7, 2020.|
|Last Date of requesting a second slot for the respective college/institutions||February 7, 2020.
|Last Date of filling the team application form*||February 8, 2020.|
|Announcement of the Names of Shortlisted Teams||February 10, 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of Registration Fee and Finishing the Registration Procedure||February 18, 2020|
*The Second Round of Provisional Applications will happen only in case if there is a vacant slot left after the first round of provisional application.
*The mentioned last date is applicable only for institutions who have finished the provisional application in the first round. The concerned committees are therefore requested to complete the provisional registration at the earliest so that the team which is to participate can have more time to fill the team registration forms.
We look forward to hosting you at the 2nd NLUJ Deal Mediation Competition at National Law University Jodhpur very soon!
Should you have any query, feel free to contact the undersigned:
Ms. Pallavi Singhal (Student Co-Convenor, ADR Committee, NLU Jodhpur) – 9873878436
Ms. Ragini Agarwal (Student Co-Convenor, ADR Committee, NLU Jodhpur) – 8769387650
Mr. Akash Anurag (Senior Advisor, ADR Committee, NLU Jodhpur) – 8789152623
Or write to us at: email@example.com
For regular updates regarding the competition, follow us on:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/
Instagram – nluj_adrc
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/in/
Please see attached below the official brochure for the competition.