KIIT Centre for Constitutional Law Studies and Research of School of Law, KIIT deemed to be University is conducting a Round table on Contemporary Constitutional Law Developments from 18th January to 19th January of 2020.
About the Centre
KIIT Centre for Constitutional Law Studies and Research, established in 2015 with an object to promote awareness among students regarding the issues of Constitutional Law. The Centre mainly organizes lectures on national and inter-college level, which includes –
- Symposium on the Jurisprudential Trends in Right to Privacy paneled by Advocate J. Sai Deepak
- Special lectures on Privacy and AADHAR Card by Senior Advocate Shyam Divan in 2018
- Guest lectures on contemporary Constitutional issues.
It also plans to extend its area of work with publishing doctrinal researches and empirical reports starting from 2020.
About the Round Table Discussion
Since past two years the entire nation has been observing numerous changes in the social, economic as well as political status of the country and it has happened because of recent judicial pronouncement and introduction of new or modified statutes. This Round Table discussion is aiming to ponder upon the recent dynamic changes in laws due to either judicial interventions, by legislative enactments or amendments by several recognized dignitaries. This round table discussion will act as a platform for various students to enlighten themselves about the below mentioned themes and get a better perspective through the legal luminaries’ point of view and discussion.
Following are the themes which the Round table is aiming to discuss upon
- Analyzing the judgment of Joseph Shrine v. Union of India
- Legal and Socio-economic analysis of Economic Reservation in the Indian Constitution.
- Judicial Intervention in Religion: Defining a New Notion of Religious Freedom.
- Right to Information (Amendment) Act, 2019.
This programme is open for anyone who is interested, which includes –
- Law students from undergraduate and post-graduation programme from any Bar Council recognized University
- Advocates enrolled in any Bar Association
- Academicians from any Bar Council recognized University
Campus- 16, School of Law, KIIT deemed to be University, Prasanti Vihar, Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751024.
Release of the names of the Resource persons: 31st December, 2019
Last date for Registration: 10th January, 2020
Date of programme: 18th to 19th January 2020
Asst. Prof. (Dr.) Kyvalya Garikapati: 09337295236
Ms. Anushka Jha (Student Convener): 09937819617
Ms. Namrata Gayen (Student Joint Convener): 09078842070
Mr. Arkaprabho Roy (Student Co- Convener): 09475481471
Ms. Ankita Shaw (Student Co- Convener): 09748274280