G.S.R. 823(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with clause (m) of sub-section (2) of Section 52 of the Legal Metrology Act, 2009 (1 of 2010), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules to amend the Legal Metrology (Approval of Models) Rules, 2011, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Legal Metrology (Approval of Models) (Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Legal Metrology (Approval of Models) Rules, 2011 (hereinafter referred to as the said rules), in Rule 11,—
(i) sub-rule (2) shall be omitted.
(ii) for sub-rule (4), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely: –
“(4) The Director shall cause the model approval certificates issued under Section 22 of the Act to be published on the website of the Department.”
3. In the said rules, for Rule 19 the following rules shall be substituted, namely: –
“19. Fees for testing of model of weight or measure to be deposited. –
(1) The applicant shall, while making an application under Rule 5, deposit fees in the form of a demand draft drawn in favour of the laboratory or through online payment towards testing charges of the laboratory in the following manner, namely:-
(i) rupees ten thousand for the testing of mechanical type model of weights or measures or weighing and measuring instruments;
(ii) rupees twenty-five thousand for the testing of digital or electronic type model of weights or measures or weighing and measuring instruments, that are intended to be manufactured or imported for transaction or protection.
(2) The applicant shall deposit half of the testing fees as specified in sub-rule (1) for testing of the substitute material.”
Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
[Notification dt. 06-11-2019]