A two day National Seminar on “Effective Protection of Traditional Knowledge and Cultural Expression: National and Community Experiences” is to be organized by National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam in collaboration with North East Centre, New Delhi. The main aim of the Conference will be specifically highlighting the significance and contribution of North Eastern part of India in the realm of Intellectual Property Rights.
Thematic Area of the Conference:
- IPR interface with Traditional Knowledge (TK) and Traditional Cultural Expressions (TCEs)/folklore
- Protection of TK : issues and challenges
- GI and its potential
- TK and Biodiversity Conservation
- TCEs Preservation and innovation in North- East India
- TK practioners, perspective and experiences
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- The Abstract should relate to the Theme and the Sub-themes. In case any of the authors wish to present a paper on any other theme, the paper would be subjected to scrutiny by the Editorial Board.
- The abstract should be limited to 500 words specifying a few key words accompanied by the details of the author(s) comprising the designation ,email address, contact number, postal address and has to be sent to –email@example.com
- The Body of the Abstract should be written in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 and Footnotes in Times New Roman with Font Size 10.
- The Citation must be in Bluebook latest Edition. The Authors should strictly adhere to it.
- The sub-theme has to be mentioned while abstract submission.
- The papers should be submitted in two parts. The abstract submission date is March 10th 2019 and the final selected papers should be submitted by 10th April 2019. The authors of the selected papers will be notified as per schedule.
- Selected abstracts would be notified by 15th March 2019.
- All the information regarding the conference would be updated to the participants.
- Abstract Deadline- 10th March, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract- 28th March, 2019
- Submission of Full Paper- 10th April, 2019
- Submission of Registration Fee- 25th April, 2019
- Students/Researchers [Paper Presentation] – 1,500/-
- Students/Researchers [Participation] – 1,000/-
- Academics/Practitioners [Paper Presentation] – 1,500/
- Academics/Practitioners [Participation] – 1,000/
- NLUJAA Research Scholars/ P.G. Students [Paper Presentation]-1,000/-
- NLUJAA Students* [Participation] – 300/-
- NLUJAA Faculty [Participation] -1,000/-
- NLUJAA Faculty [Paper Presentation] -1,500/-
- Delegates [Participation] – 1,500/-
On-spot Registration – online payment portal will open soon with conference website. Keep following university website at www.nluassam.ac.in for future updates.
Dates: 3rd and 4th May, 2019
Venue: Seminar Hall, Administrative Block, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Hajo Road, Amingaon-781031, Kamrup (R), Guwahati, Assam.
- Dr. Topi Basar (Associate Prof. of Law) M: 8486216034
- Monmi Gohain (Asst. Prof. of Law) M: 8876513051
- Deepakshi Das (Asst. Prof. of Economics) M: 9707020015
- Juri Goswami (Research Associate) M: 9706788987
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Fore more details, refer IPR_conf_brochure