F. No. 13018/07/2018-AIS(I)—The rules for a competitive examination—Civil Services Examination—to be held by the Union Public Service Commission in 2019 for the purpose of filling vacancies in the following services/posts are, with the concurrence of the Ministries concerned and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India in respect of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service, published for general information :—
(i) Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) Indian Police Service.
(iv) Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise) Group “A”.
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’.
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’. (Asstt. Works Manager—Administration).
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner, Group ‘A’ in Railway Protection Force.
(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil
Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police
Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police, Service, Group ‘B’
1. The examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the manner prescribed in Appendix I to these rules.
The dates on which and the places at which the Preliminary and Main Examinations will be held shall be fixed by the Commission.
2. (1) For the Main Examination, a Candidate shall be required to submit online Detailed Application Form-I (DAF-I) along with scanned documents/certificates in support of date of birth, category [viz. SC/ST/OBC (without OBC Annexure)/EWS [Economically Weaker Section] (without EWS Annexure)/PwBD/Ex-Serviceman) and educational qualification with required Examination Fee.
(2) A candidate shall be required to mandatorily indicate order of preferences only for those services participating in the Civil Services Examination for the year, for which he is interested to be allocated to, in the on-line Detailed Application Form-II (DAF-II), before the commencement of Personality Test (Interviews) of the examination. With this Form, a candidate will also be required to upload documents/certificates for higher education, achievements in different fields, service experience, OBC Annexure (for OBC category only), EWS Annexure (for EWS category only), etc.
(3) In case of recommendation of his name by UPSC for service allocation, the candidate shall be considered for allocation to one of those services by the Government for which he shall indicate his preference subject to fulfillment of other conditions. No change in preferences of services once indicated by a candidate would be permitted.
(4) A candidate who wishes to be considered for Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service shall be required to indicate in his on-line Detailed Application Form-II his order of preferences for various Zones and Cadres for which he would like to be considered for allotment in case he is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or Indian Police Service and no change in preference of Zone and Cadre once indicated by a candidate would be permitted.
For Detailed Notification, Please refer the link: NOTIFICATION
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Image Credit: PTI