Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh received ‘Living Legends Award’, on the occasion of Lawyers’ Day at the Bar Association of India. He was awarded this prestigious honor by Honorable Justice Madan B. Lokur (Judge, Supreme Court of India).
Prof. (Dr.) Ranbir Singh is the founder Vice-Chancellor of National Law University, Delhi established by the Delhi Government in 2008. With over two decades of experience in heading the law school he carries the aura of a visionary who as an outstanding statesmen and academician shown immense commitment and contribution towards changing the legal education landscape of the country. Prior to his stint in NLU, Delhi, he was the Vice-Chancellor of NALSAR, University of Law, and had been at its helm since its inception in 1998.
This has not been the first time that his work has received recognition. Prof. Singh has been the recipient of many awards in recognition of his accomplishments, both, as an administrator and teacher / researcher and some of them are:
- Symbiosis-IALS (International Association of Law Schools, USA) Lifetime Achievement Award: For excellence in legal and justice education during the 2017 Global Law Dean’s Forum.
- Life Time Achievement Award: In recognition of the exemplary contribution towards Legal Education by Dr. N. M. Veeraiyan, Chancellor, Saveetha University.
- Karmayogi Samman: Haryana Institute of Fine Arts, by Shri Kuldeep Sharma, Speaker, Haryana Legislative Assembly.
- “Professor N.R. Madhava Menon Best Law Teacher Award 2011” by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Altamas Kabir, Judge, Supreme Court of India.
- Lex Witness recognized him in the “Hall of fame: Top 50”, as an individual who have helped shape the legal landscape of modern India.
- “Alumnus of Distinction” at the Golden Jubilee Commemorative Special Convocation of Kurukshetra University, 2007, by His Excellency, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India.
- “Excellence Award 1998”: Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak, by Governor of Haryana.
- Educationist of the Year – Metro-Vision, 3rd Annual Media Awards – 2005.
The British Council had portrayed him as one of the 12 talented, creative and generous spirits who are making an effort personally and through their institution to ensure their engagement with the U.K, works to mutual benefit.
His services to Legal Education have been acknowledged and commemorated by many institutions and educational bodies and everyone at National Law University Delhi takes immense pride in having him as part of the NLU Delhi Family.