GEETA INSTITUTE OF LAW: The institute is very well located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat; just 50 minutes run from Delhi. The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India. We are proud of having Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Common Law Admission Test for using CLAT score for admission in Geeta Institute of Law. The method of teaching in GIL includes lecture discussion, case law analysis, Moot court training, project assignments, Court visits, and legal aid Programs. The Internship and Placement cell of GIL works throughout the year and provides structured interface in building relationships and networking with legal professionals from the industry.
As the nature of Internet is changing and this new medium is being seen as the most ultimate medium ever evolved in human history, every activity by general people in Cyberspace can and will have a Cyber legal perspective. From the time a person registers Domain Name, to the time he sets up his web site, to the time he promotes the website, to the time he sends or receives emails, to the time he conducts electronic commerce transactions on the said site, at every point of time, there are enormous Cyber law issues involved. It is viewed that the present issue of cyber crime might not be the concern of general public as these problematic cyber activities are thought to be distant and that they do not form a major impact on the Cyber activities of common people which is a misconception.
Cyber crime is an unlawful act wherein the computer is either a tool or a target or both. Cyber crimes can involve criminal activities that are traditional in nature, such as theft, fraud, forgery, defamation and mischief, all of which are subject to the Indian Penal Code. The abuse of computers has also given birth to a gamut of new age crimes that are addressed by the Information Technology Act, 2000. Thus, it has become vital for the law and society to tighten the belt and take note of Cyber law for the protection of general public as this is no longer an issue which can be ignored. Presently almost whole of the population of India is a potential cyber user and is facing cyber crimes on regular basis that mostly go unreported. The reason behind this improper implementation of Cyber law can be its lack of awareness and execution and in order to improve the prevailing scenario it becomes absolutely necessary to take initiatives and provide a platform for better understanding of cyber issues.
Therefore, GIL endeavors to provide platform for academicians, thinkers and students from around the globe to discuss, deliberate, debate and contemplate solutions to this issue which is pertinent, relevant and imperative in contemporary society.
THEME OF THE SEMINAR: Cyber space: An Instrument of Global Communication or Advanced Ammunition
- Multitudes of Modern Threats in Cyber world
- Cyber Voyeurism; An end of privacy
- Cyber obscenity and victimization of women
- Cyber Sovereignty; merits and demerits
- Cyber civility for prevention of Cyber bullying.
Note: The theme and sub themes are not exhaustive; the author can select any topic relevant with the theme and the sub themes.
Submission of Abstract: 19th Oct 2017
Confirmation of Abstract: 22nd Oct 2017
Submission of Full paper, Demand Draft & Registration form : 1st November, 2017
(only soft copies of all)
International Seminar: 12th November, 2017
ABSTRACT: The abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:-
• Title of the Paper
• Name of the author(s)
• E-mail address
• Postal address and Contact Number
FULL RESEARCH PAPER
• The paper should not exceed 6000 words (exclusive of footnotes)
• Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
• Registration fee as per each author
• In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
• The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and spacing of 1.5.
• The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single line spacing.
• One inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
• Citation style: Bluebook 20th Edition
• All correspondence must be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org The paper must be accompanied with the scanned copies of the duly filled Registration form, DD details, and the cover page, the details of which are mentioned in the abstract guidelines.
All submissions must be the author’s original and unpublished work. Plagiarized submission will be disqualified.
|For Students (Category I)|
|Faculty Research Scholars and other professionals (Category II)|
|Foreign National||US$ 75|
• Registration fee includes seminar kit, tea and lunch.
• The conference proceedings shall be published in the e-souvenir with the abstracts of the selected papers.
• All the delegates are requested to bring one hard copy of the original Full Paper and ID Proof along with them. Top three paper presentations from each Category (I & II) shall be rewarded. Certificate of participation shall be given to all participants.
PUBLICATION: The peer reviewed selected papers will be published in the Institute’s Journal (ISSN No. 2278-6775).
ACCOMMODATION: Accommodation may be arranged in local star hotels on actual payment basis. However, request in this regard shall be made earlier. Charges for the same will be Rs.2500 per person per day. Request pertaining to requirement of accommodation is to be made via email. The aforementioned email shall be sent to email@example.com on or before 5th November 2017.
PAYMENT DETAILS: Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFT or Demand Draft which is to be drawn in favor of Geeta Institute of law, payable at which is to be drawn in favor of Geeta Institute of law, payable at Panipat.
For any queries, contact:
Ms. Neelam Ruhal, Asst. Professor; Mr. Karmashil Bhagat, Asst. Professor, Contact No: 9996046000
Ms. Nikita Kaushik, Student, Contact No: 8685044469
Mr. Shashwat Sharma, Student, Contact No : 9671444468
For more information, visit www.geetalawcollege.in
View the Conference Brochure and Registration Form HERE