Universumm 2017 — “Law in a Changing World”
Introduction: You are a whiz kid when it comes to articulating an idea and stating your viewpoint. And this is your golden chance to do so. This is your platform to express yourself, make your views known, explore your ideas and make the best paper presentation ever. Compete with the sharpest minds in the legal circuit, lock horns with the best all while standing your ground.
Department of Law, Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Mullana-Ambala organizes National Level Paper Presentation Competition “Law in a Changing World” on 11th September, 2017.
The subthemes for the paper are:
- A critical analysis of POSCO Act, 2012
- Child in need of care and protection and Juvenile Justice Act, 2000
- ADR: mitigating the litigation
- Data privacy under present legal regime- New challenges
- Menace of Cyber Crimes- Problem and solution
- Environmental challenges and sustainable development
However the sub themes are not restricted to the above mentioned topics, these are inclusive.
Rules and Regulations
- The submission is open to all students registered in Graduate /Post Graduate Course in any Institution/ College/ University.
- Co-authorship shall be permitted. There can be maximum two co-authors for one paper.
- All authors must register separately as delegates for the main event.
- The students may also be registered as a participant in the event.
- The word limit, excluding footnotes, endnotes, references, and bibliography can range between 2500-3000 words.
- An abstract should be written at the beginning, explaining the aims and motives of the paper. Word limit: 150-200 words.
- Submissions should be made in MS Word format.
- Main Text – Times New Roman, font size 12, double spacing, justified, with a margin of an inch on all sides.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman, font size 10. Substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Mode – Any uniform method of citation is allowed.
- Each submission must be accompanied with a short description about the author (s). Details of the team members: Name, Department, E-Mail ID, Contact number, Institution name should be sent along with the Paper.
- The participant shall bring two hard copies of the full paper at time of physical registration on date of event.
The abstract of the paper shall reach on or before 2nd September,, 2017 and the full paper on or before 06th Sep. 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The presentation time is for 7-8 minutes and queries for 3-5 minutes for each paper. The question will be asked by panel of judges.
- The paper can be presented through a PowerPoint presentation which must not contain more than 15 slides.
MARKING CRITERIA MARKS ALLOTTED
- Contents of Paper 10
- Oral Presentation 10
- Response to the Queries 10
First Prize : Rs. 7,500
Second Prize : Rs. 5,000
Third Prize : Rs. 2,500
In addition to sponsored prizes.
Contact Us: Convener: Prof.(Dr.) Bindu Jindal, Head & Dean
Faculty Coordinator: Dr. Reetika Bansal, +91-9812732333
Co- Coordinator: Prof. (Dr.) Saroj Chhabra
For any query please feel free to contact:
Kumar Shivam +91-9729300548
Niharika Aneja +91-7206712200