GNLU is pleased to offer a Certificate Course on “Comparative Criminal Law”, from 7th January to 19th January 2019 at Gujarat National Law University.
This Seven- Day course introduces participants to understand the application of the theory and methodology of comparative law to substantive criminal law and aims to build on a participant’s prior knowledge of a basic course in criminal law by comparing selected principles of the law with those found in Australia, Canada, England, India, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore. The Course shall look into the German and the Dutch laws of homicide and attendant defences.
- Stanley Yeo, LLB (Hons) (Sing), LLM (Well), LLM, PhD, LLD, Professorial Fellow of Law at the National University of Singapore.
Prior to that, he served as Professor of Criminal Law at Southern Cross University, New South Wales, Australia. Recipient of Vice-Chancellor’s award for teaching excellence, Professor Yeo’s main teaching and research interests lie in the area of criminal law, especially comparative criminal law. He has taught in Australia, Canada, India, Japan, New Zealand, the UK and Singapore and published extensively in the fields of criminal law and criminal justice.
Some of his major works include
- Criminal Defences in Australia (LexisNexis 2005)
- Criminal Law in Malaysia and Singapore (LexisNexis 2012)
- Codification, Macaulay and the Indian Penal Code: The Legacies and Modern Challenges of Criminal Law Reform ((ed) Ashgate, 2011)
- Criminal Law for the 21st Century: A Model Code for Singapore (Academy Publishing 2013)
- Criminal Law in Myanmar (LexisNexis, 2016)
Last Date for Registration: 03 January 2019 (Limited Seats)