ABOUT NMIMS BENGALURU
Built on this inspiring legacy, today, NMIMS stands proud as a Deemed to be University offering multiple disciplines across multiple campuses. What started as an institute in a small building has caught the attention of the world, thanks to their specialised schools. It believes in equipping students with the knowledge and skills in their chosen streams, inculcate values, identify hidden talents, and provide opportunities for students to realize their full potential.
ABOUT SCHOOL OF LAW
NMIMS School of Law offers an outstanding legal education so as to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level. Established in 2018 by NMIMS University, one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India, the programs offering in our law school has all qualities and niceties of the programs offering by the world class Universities over the world. Law School with global focus and international outreach dedicated to advance human dignity, social and economic welfare, and justice through knowledge of law.
ABOUT LEGACY LAW OFFICES
Legacy Law Offices is a multi-disciplinary Law Firm professionally managed by Mr. Gagan Anand, a seasoned corporate lawyer with over 25 years of rich and diversified legal work experience across projects in 24 states of India, besides Bangladesh, Ghana, UAE, Malaysia, Mongolia, Zanzibar, Zambia, Kenya, Singapore, United Kingdom and few European countries.
At Legacy Law Offices, we excel at what we do and give our clients top-notch solutions. We are a leading law firm with an unparalleled level of expertise. We provide a vibrant and inclusive work environment built on thefooting of professionalism and an affirmation to provide individuals with opportunitiesto evolve and excel.
Our services span over diverse practice areas and sectors covering varied needs, including Dispute Resolution- Litigation & Arbitration, Construction Laws, Family Laws, Corporate Laws, Insolvency Laws, Labour & Employment Benefits, Project, Infrastructure and Energy Laws. We pride ourselves in being a Tiered Law Firm in Projects, Infrastructure and Energy Laws by IFLR1000, a Notable Law Firm in Construction Law by Benchmark Litigation and a Recommended Law Firm in Projects & Energy by Legal500.
ABOUT INDIAN JOURNAL OF PROJECTS, INFRASTRUCTURE, AND ENERGY LAW (IJPIEL)
Nominated as the 5th Best Blog on Energy Law under the category of ‘Top 30 Energy Law Blogs’ by Feedspot, the IJPIEL, founded in July 2020, is a Student-run biannual Law Journal, Blog, and Podcast. IJPIEL aims to focus upon the niche area of Projects, Infrastructure, and Energy Laws (PIE). In the post-pandemic scenario, it goes without saying that the focus of global markets will be to create Sustainable & Resilient Infrastructure (SDG 9) and Alternative Sources of Energy (SDG 7). This is particularly important for India, which is slated to be one of the world’s fastest-growing economies. However, the same is not possible without achieving SDG 17- Peace & Strong Institutions of Justice. The youth of today shall be the future of tomorrow, and it is saddening to see that even the crème-de-la-crème of Law Schools in India are not focusing upon this particular area of law. Crucial terms such as Public-Private Partnerships and Procurement (and the different steps and documents involved in the same) remain unknown to Law students throughout the course of their studies. It is, but natural that journals and student academia have not focused upon this area of law. This is where IJPIEL steps in. We wish to create an academic culture where people develop an interest in this subject and hopefully pursue it as a career. Although our primary focus shall remain on Articles and Blogs pertaining to India, the Journal prides itself on its global outlook and its diverse Board of Advisors.
|15th March (tentatively)
|Last Date to register
|Clarification form opens
|Clarification form closes
|Release of clarification
|Last date of Legal Opinion submission
|Declaration of Results
- Date- The date for the submission of legal opinion will be 10th April 2022 1:59 p.m.
- Venue – The submission of the legal opinion will take place via Google form provided by the organizing committee.
- Language – The language of the competition will be ENGLISH only.
- All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/ 5 years or post graduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
- In this competition cross institutional teams are allowed to participate
- Each participating team shall comprise of minimum of one (1) member and maximum of two (2) members.
PAYMENT & RESISTRATION
- Registration Link – HERE
- Registration Fee is Rs 400 per team
- In case of Bank Transfer:
Account number – 00000020450319296
IFSC Code – SBIN0000107
Bank – State Bank of India
Account Holder Name – Dhriti Bole
In case of UPI – boledhriti@paytm
- Once Registration fee is received then it will not be refunded in any circumstances.
- Cash Prize – Rs 11000
- Internship at Legacy Law Offices
- Cash Prize – Rs 6000
- Cash Prize – Rs 3000
- PRITAM GHOSH Faculty Coordinator, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru email@example.com
- ISHA TRIPATHI Convenor, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com 8882175520/ 9911878111
- DHRITI BOLE Co-Convenor, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com 7992231780.