The Executive Committee of Consortium of NLUs met on 11th December, 2019 to discuss the modalities that were initiated in the previous meeting in planning for CLAT 2020. The following issues were approved:
- Application forms for CLAT 2020 will be available from 1 January, 2020. Forms can be submitted from 1 January to 31 March, 2020.
- The date of exam will be 10 May, 2020. The answer key to the test will be uploaded on the Consortium of NLUs website (official website) on the next day, e. 11 May, 2020.
- Objections to the answers given in the official answer key will be entertained between 12 -15 May, 2020 and the final answer key will be published by 18 May, 2020.
- The final results will be declared by 24 May, 2020.
The pattern for the CLAT UG exam has been declared as follows:
- The format of the paper will be “Comprehension based test”.
- The paper will be set as per the standard of Class 12 students.
- Quantitative analysis to be based on Class 10 level maths
- Total of 150 questions will be there and paper will be objective.
- The 5 areas on which students will be tested are: (i)English language, (ii) Current Affairs including General Knowledge, (iii) Legal Reasoning, (iv) Logical Reasoning and (v) Quantitative Techniques
- There shall be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong for both UG and PG exam.
- Module-wise model question papers with their analysis shall be made available on the official website. Students who enroll for CLAT 2020 will be able to access such papers on the official website.
The pattern of CLAT PG exam has been declared as follows:
- Candidates who secure 40% marks in the objective paper (35% for SC, ST and PWD) will qualify for evaluation of their descriptive answers.
- There will be 100 objective type questions.