Owing to the sudden upsurge of Covid-19 cases and as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of infection, the Supreme Court has issued the following additional guidelines for entrants to the Supreme Court premises:
- All the entrants to the Supreme Court premises, i.e. the Registry staff, staff of the coordinate agencies, Ld. Advocates and their staff etc., if showing any symptoms similar to those notified for Covid-19 infection shall subject themselves to Rapid/RT-PCR test;
- All Controlling Officers shall ensure that the staff in their control wears mask, maintains physical distancing and frequently sanitizes/washes hands and follows the prescribed Covid appropriate behaviour;
- Persons with notified symptoms like fever, cough, body-ache, loss of taste and smell, diarrhea etc. shall restrict themselves from coming to office/premises, isolate themselves immediately and seek medical advice;
- There shall not be any crowding or loitering in the campus and movement in common areas should be only for specific purposes and be completed within the minimum time;
- The lift should not be used by more than 3 persons at a time and shall be used only for going upwards; for coming downstairs, stairs should be used;
- The aforesaid measures, shall be in addition to the existing protocols already in place vide Circulars issued by the Registry from time to time, and such other steps as may have been taken with a view to contain spread of Covid-19 infection within the Supreme Court of India premises.