Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is organising a ‘One Week National Workshop on Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law’ from 6th- 12th October 2021 in collaboration with Punjab State Information Commission (PSIC). The Workshop is being conducted to provide an all- comprehensive discourse regarding the Right to Information Law, aiming at providing a holistic understanding of the same. This will facilitate a better understanding regarding the practical functioning of PIO’s, Right to Information Laws, Appellate Authorities, etc.
The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfill the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
ABOUT PUNJAB STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION:
The Government of Punjab constituted the Punjab State Information Commission on 11th October, 2005. The Punjab State Information Commission is the statutory Commission for fulfilling the mandate assigned to it under the Right to Information Act, 2005. The Commission exercises powers for implementation of RTI Act under Sections 18, 19, 20 and 25. At the same time it is a Public Authority as defined in section 2(h) of RTI Act, 2005. As far as the jurisdiction of the Commission is concerned it extends to all the Public Authorities in the State of Punjab.
The expected audience would be Academicians, Research Scholars, Students, Professionals, RTI activisits, Organizations and Public Information officers.
OBJECTIVE OF THE TRAINING PROGRAMME:
The objective of the programme is to commemorate the RTI week which is celebrated from 6th October – 12th October,
- To raise awareness on the issues of Right to Information.
- To provide participants with a clear understanding of the main features of RTI Act and its operational provisions.
- To explain the role of designated Assistant Public Information Officers, Public Information Officers and Appellate Authorities and other functionaries involved in dealing with RTI matters.
- To explain the process of seeking and providing information.
- To explain the strategy for operationalizing Right to Information.
- To discuss the practical problems faced by the PIO’s and the stake holders.
- To deliberate upon the efficient implementation of the Act.
- Certificates will be provided on the successful completion of the workshop. (100% attendance is mandatory)
- Date- October 6th- 12th, 2021
- Timing-00- 4.00 P.M
- Mode- Cisco Webex
- Registration Deadline- September 28, 2021 (Tuesday)
- Registration Fee- 200/-(Inclusive of GST)
- Link for the Registration HERE
For more details, refer Brochure
In case of any queries, kindly contact the Faculty Coordinator (Dr. Geetika- 9646023882) or the Student Coordinator (Ms. Tamanna Gupta- 9999677799) or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.