Arizona Government has passed Arizona’s fiscally conservative budget for Fiscal Year 2022, which cuts taxes for all taxpayers while investing in education, transportation, public safety, public health, water security and more key areas that matter to Arizonans.
Highlights of the Budget are:
- Simpler, Fairer and Flatter Taxes: The average taxpayer will receive a 13% income tax reduction, saving about $340 a year. The budget increases investments in K-12 education, and this tax reform does not impact any K-12 dollars, including those approved by voters in 2020. Read more HERE.
- K-12 Education: $30 million to ensure K-12 students have access to school transportation, $20 million in FY 2022 and $10 million in FY 2023 and $1 million to fund Career and Technical Education Certification Exams. Read more HERE.
- Higher Education: Significant investments to support Arizona universities during the pandemic. Read more HERE.
- Public Safety: The government has allotted significant investments in the sectors of border safety, public safety, corrections & rehabilitation, cyber security and homeland security. Read more
- Child Care: The FY 2022 budget signed by Governor Ducey invests $1.2 billion in child care, compared to $181 million last year. This represents a five-fold increase in year-over-year childcare spending. Read more HERE.
- Infrastructure: $321 million total investment in transportation infrastructure in the FY 2022 budget. Read more
- Health and Wellness: A major investment has been made in the sector of health and wellness. Read more HERE.
- Natural Resources: This budget builds upon Arizona’s proud tradition of water conservation and management. It includes significant investments in forest health and wildfire protection throughout Arizona. Read more HERE.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Arizona’s FY 2022 budget stays true to Governor Ducey’s commitment to deliver fiscally responsible, balanced budgets for Arizona. Read more HERE.
*Tanvi Singh, Editorial Assistant has put this story together.