Government of India is following a phase-wise unlocking of activities. In days to come, this would also involve partial resumption of activities in schools for students of classes 9th to 12th on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers. This would be allowed from 21-09-2020.
Generic Preventive Measures
The generic preventive measures include simple public health measures that are to be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19. These measures need to be observed by all (teachers, employees and students) in these places at all times.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Installation & use of Aarogya Setu App may be advised wherever feasible.
All schools (with classes IX to XII) shall specifically ensure the following arrangements
- Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Students of class 9th to 12th shall be permitted to visit their school on voluntary basis for taking guidance from their teachers. This will be subject to written consent of their parents/guardians. Such visits and teacher – student interaction must be organized in a staggered manner.
After opening of the schools
At the entry point
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions. Multiple gates/separate gates, if feasible, should be used for entry and exit.
- Only asymptomatic persons (teachers, employees and students) to be allowed in the premises. If a teacher/employee/student is found to be symptomatic, he/she should be referred to nearest health center.
- Posters/standees on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots, in corridors and in elevators – duly following physical distancing norms shall be organized.
- Entry of visitors should be strictly regulated/restricted.
SOP to be followed in case a student/teacher/employee develops symptoms (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing)
- Place the ill person in a room or area where they are isolated from others.
- Inform parents/guardians as the case may be.
- Patient will remain isolated while wearing a mask/face cover till such time they are examined by a doctor.
- Immediately inform the nearest medical facility (hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.
- A risk assessment shall be undertaken by the designated public health authority (district RRT/treating physician) and accordingly further action be initiated regarding management of case, their contacts and need for disinfection.
- Disinfection of the premises to be taken up if the person is found positive.
Read the detailed notification here: FinalSOPonpartialresumptionofactivitiesinschools8092020
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
[Notification dt. 08-09-2020]