“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
-Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
In such trying times when social inclusion becomes a luxury for a significant part of the society, it becomes imperative to understand and demystify the concept of ‘gender’, which is far more creative and broad than the conventional heterosexual narrative with gender binaries as actors. In light of this, the Literary Society of Amity Law School, Noida is euphoric to organize a Series of Guest Lectures on “Third Gender: Construing Reality” on 9th March, 2017 i.e. Thursday; G01, I-2 Block, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida from 1100 hrs – 1400 hrs.
The sub-themes include:
1. Politics of Gender
2. Gender and Space
3. Understanding Transgenderism: Rights and Representation
The line-up of the guest speakers include:
1. Vikram Aditya Sahai, Faculty (Center for Gender Studies), Ambedkar University, New Delhi
2. Mr. Akhil Kang, Research fellow, Center for Woman Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
3. Ms. Ambalika Roy, Programme Manager, Multiple Action Research Group; Human Rights Lawyer and Transgender Activist.
(She had been involved in the landmark judgment NALSA v. Union of India)
4. Mr. Aryan Pasha, Programme Officer, Multiple Action Research Group.
The lectures shall be followed by a Group discussion on “Why do we need to have such conversations”, which shall be moderated by Mr. Anmol Chowdhury, Member, Parivartan Society, Delhi University.