Rajasthan High Court: A Division Bench of Indrajit Mahanty and Vinit Kumar Mathur JJ. laid down important directions regarding COVID.
The present order entails important directions laid down by the Court which are as follows:
- State is directed to make available the position of beds on their website on a “Real Time Basis”.
- The projection of vacancies of the beds may be reflected immediately on the portal without sticking to the time schedule of three times a day.
- The State Government as well as Central Government are directed to ensure the adequate supply of oxygen and other medicines required to deal with the situation in the State of Rajasthan on war footing.
- The supply of oxygen and medicines should be ensured in the Government hospitals as well private hospitals without their being any distinctions.
- The competent authorities of the State Government are directed to supply the medicines in particular Remdesivir injection on receipt of the requisition urgently and not later than two hours.
- State Government is also directed to explore the possibility of operation of oxygen generation plants in the State, which are not in operation but the same are capable of producing oxygen, forthwith, including the one located at Mahatama Gandhi Hospital at Jodhpur.
- The State Government is also directed to consider taking the services of final year students as well as PG courses students of MBBS/Post Graduation for the doctors and likewise for the nursing staff for their deployment on the emergent basis if they are suitable in all respects to serve the general public at large
- State Government shall ensure compliance of this order and file affidavit to this effect before the next date including the details about the sourcing of oxygen and other medicines for the treatment of COVID.
In view of the above, matter is listed for 06-05-2021
[Surendra Jain v. State of Rajasthan, D.B. Civil Writ Petition No. 6814/2021, decided on 04-05-2021]
Arunima Bose, Editorial Assistant has put this report together
Counsel for the petitioner: Mr. Kshmendra Singh
Counsel for the respondent: Mr. Karan Singh Rajpurohit and Mr. Mukesh Rajpurohit