About the organizer/college/university
SIU was established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, in the year 2002. Symbiosis Law School, Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
Symbiosis Law School, Pune, (SLS Pune) is ranked 9 in 2021 by the National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF) of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, ranked as one of the top three leading law schools in the Super Excellence Survey 2019 of GHRDC. The law school is recognised by Bar Council of India vide BCI Registration No. BCI/LE/SSLC/PUNE/SIEC (DU)/01/2004 and was also conferred with the prestigious Gold Star Award by the Bar Council of India in February, 2013.
About the Competition
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing the Seventh Edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2022 [SICTA] which is scheduled from April 21–24, 2022. The Competition will be held on a virtual platform.
We take immense pride in informing you that we have continually received participation from renowned law colleges not only in India but also from across the globe, including teams from China, U.K., Poland, Malaysia, South Africa, and Kuwait.
The competition is based on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to rules and structure as enshrined in the Rome Statute of the ICC. The theme for the Seventh edition of SICTA is “Mode(s) of individual criminal liability relating to the use or deployment of autonomous warfare technology and allied assault weapon systems.”
The Competition has been previously organised in association with Synlitigators, SCC Online, Agradoot Web Technologies LLP, RostrumLegal, EBC Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Jus Dicere & Co. and the Symbiosis Law School, Pune Alumni.
The competition shall be open to all students actively enrolled in Bachelors (5 Year Course and 3 Year Course) and Master’s Programme of Law. Exchange students may participate on behalf of their host university.
The Competition shall have teams representing either of the three sides- Prosecution, Defence and the Victim(s) in the various rounds of the Competition. The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to Three (Two Speakers and a Researcher). A team may also consist of only Two Speakers.
The Competition will be held on a virtual platform.
The registration is based on a first come first serve basis. The prospective teams should provisionally register for the Competition by sending an email to email@example.com on or before March 07, 2022 (23:59 IST). The subject of the email should be “Provisional Registration for the SLSP – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2022”. The final registration by the participants must be completed by March 20, 2022. Kindly refer to the “Registration” section in the Rulebook for further details.
Fee Payment Details
The registration fees is Rs. 5000/- per team (not more than 3 members.
The mode of payment and corresponding details for the registration fee shall be conveyed to the participants along with the official confirmation of their provisional registration.
- The last date for Provisional Registration: March 07, 2022(Monday)
- The last date for Final Registration: March 20, 2022 (Sunday)
There shall be three Preliminary rounds followed by the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Round.
The primary components of a round will include:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel, and Defence Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims, and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims, and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Winning Team: Rs.60,000/-
- First Runners Up Team: Rs.30,000/-
- Second Runners Up Team: Rs.15,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate Final: Rs. 6,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 6,000/-
- Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- International Team: Rs. 12,000/-
- Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- Indian Team: Rs. 6000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 6,000/-
- Shree P.V. Ramanayaa Memorial- Best Prosecutor Award: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Witness Award: Rs. 5000/-
- Second Best Witness Award: Rs. 3000/-
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further queries, kindly reach out to the following members of the Organizing Committee:
1) Roshni Shinde, Convenor, SICTA, 2022 (email@example.com)
2) Esh Gupta, Co-Convenor, SICTA, 2022 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3) Ashwin Singh, Head, Registration and Invitation Committee, SICTA, 2022 (+91 9893586960; email@example.com)